Campus: Downtown Phoenix
The College of Health Solutions seeks a highly-motivated and enthusiastic Administrative Specialist located at the Downtown Phoenix campus to perform a variety of administrative work requiring initiative and independent judgment. The incumbent will work independently under general direction providing support to the leaders of the Finance, Human Resources, and Facilities teams. Provides logistical support for meetings and events, maintains official records, manages calendars, coordinates meetings and transcribes meeting notes, including tracking and following up on next steps and to dos. ndles problems and non-routine situations by determining the approach or action to take and interprets guidelines, procedures, policies and practices. The incumbent will have contact with high-level administrators requiring use of business vocabulary, tact, discretion and judgment.
The College of Health Solutions is committed to creating a positive culture of inclusion, wellness, and employee engagement. We exemplify this through our Staff Success Hub, whose Council membership is open to all CHS staff. The Council gives staff a voice in decision-making at the college level and reflects the college leadership’s commitment to attracting, developing, and retaining the best, most diverse talent in a safe and inclusive environment.
Clerical & Admin Support
College of Health Solutions
VP/EXEC VICE PROV DPC
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$44,000 - $51,000 per year; DOE
- Provides administrative support to the Sr. Director of Fiscal and Business Operations, Director of Human Resources, and Assistant Director of Facilities Services in areas such as maintaining calendars, scheduling appointments and maintaining recordkeeping systems.
- Prioritizes and arranges meetings, conferences and appointments.
- Assist with communications such as email updates, reports, and newsletters.
- Develops and maintains spreadsheets and prepares special and recurring reports as requested containing specialized or sensitive information.
- Coordinates and arranges travel.
- Prepares background materials as needed related to meetings and events.
- Proofreads letters and other documentation to ensure alignment with college/university policies as well as accuracy.
- Provide administrative support to Finance team regarding oversight and management of CHS travel.
- Authorizes/approves expenditures or actions for administrative and operational need which may require high level signatures.
- Provides office operations support such as preparing and composing confidential correspondence on own initiative, receiving and screening telephone calls and visitors as well as screening and prioritizing mail.
- Executes and coordinates meetings, conferences, training, workshops, and/or special events.
- Provide conference room support for meetings setting up AV utilizing knowledge of technology options.
- As needed, handle college intranet postings working with Marketing and Communications team to post timely notices or information to the Intranet.
- Provides support with creating/drafting email communication, creating flyers and preparing online surveys.
- Serves as liaison to faculty, staff, students, alumni and the general public in facilitating university programs, requests for information or complaints.
- Responds to inquiries by providing information requiring comprehensive knowledge of university policies and procedures and interprets administrative decisions and policies to other staff.
- Support other Executive leadership administrative staff as needed to assist with business needs and coverage.
- Collaborates and communicates with others and fosters relationships both internally and externally.
- Represents the college and may serve on various department and university committees.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of executive-level administrative support experience; OR, Nine (9) years of executive-level administrative support experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Experience providing administrative support to upper level management.
- Experience managing calendars and coordinating meetings and events.
- Experience in coordinating multiple projects to completion/compliance.
- Experience in maintaining an electronic filing system and emerging technologies to streamline workflows.
- Experience with Google applications, Qualtrics and Doodle Polls.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office applications, and Adobe systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of customer service.
- Experience in problem solving and decision making.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Ability to clearly communicate.
- Use office equipment, i.e. printers, copiers, fax machines, telephones, calculator.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, may include/subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Use of software/computer equipment for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
ASU is a diverse enterprise with a wide variety of work and learning modes, locations and a commitment to sustainability, innovation and employee work-life balance. We are determined to maintain our position as an employer of choice in a competitive labor market.
Flexible work options :
This position is eligible for Hybrid work. This is an arrangement where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location.
The College of Health Solutions (CHS) is dedicated to translating scientific advances into practical interventions to improve health outcomes through education, research and service. We equip students with the knowledge and skills to influence healthier lifestyle choices; develop creative interventions to improve the health of people and populations; analyze and translate large amounts of health data into solutions; and maximize the technology, science, business and application of diagnostics. CHS research programs encompass basic, discovery science, clinical trials, intervention science and measurement of health outcomes. CHS takes an interdisciplinary approach to address the complex systems that underpin health problems. The college is highly collaborative, transparent and team-oriented with an organizational structure that includes translational teams, affinity networks and academic programs to improve the health of people and communities.
The current training programs include behavioral health, biomedical diagnostics, biomedical informatics, exercise science, health promotion, health sciences, kinesiology, medical studies, nutrition, population health, science of health care delivery, and speech and hearing science. Our programs are offered at ASU’s Downtown Phoenix, Tempe, Polytechnic, West and Lake Havasu campuses, as well as on Mayo Clinic’s campus in north Phoenix.
For more information about ASU and the College of Health Solutions, visit https://www.asu.edu/about/ and https://chs.asu.edu/
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Research Professional I (Part Time), The University of Arizona, United States, 10 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Research Professional I (Part Time) United States | req13427 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Research Professional I (Part Time) Posting Number req13427 Department G...
Senior Manager, New Business Development (Dc Or Az), The University of Arizona, United States, 29 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Senior Manager, New Business Development (DC or AZ) United States | req13185 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Senior Manager, New Business Development (DC or AZ) Post...
Manager, Campus And Community Security, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 21 hours ago
Job Purpose: The Manager of Campus and Community Security is responsible for providing protection, maintaining, and improving security and safety on KAUST properties (including the KAUST campus, c...
Seasonal Contractor: Itam & Conservation Technician – Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Massachusetts Army National Guard Natural Resources and Integrated Training Area Management Program, United States, 23 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyMassachusetts Army National Guard Natural Resources and Integrated Training Area Management ProgramLocationB...
Project Manager, Airid (Washington D.C. Or Tucson, Az), The University of Arizona, United States, 29 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Project Manager, AIRID (Washington D.C. or Tucson, AZ) United States | req13183 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Project Manager, AIRID (Washington D.C. or Tucson, AZ...
Project Manager, Airid (Washington D.C. Or Tucson, Az), The University of Arizona, United States, 29 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Project Manager, AIRID (Washington D.C. or Tucson, AZ) United States | req13175 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Project Manager, AIRID (Washington D.C. or Tucson, AZ...