- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Hours Per Week: 35
The Office of Professionalism and Civility at the Columbia University Medical Center Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons has the overall responsibility to build mechanisms to cultivate institutional ethical and moral responsibility for professionalism and civility; and to develop communication strategy and training programs aimed at creating a working and learning environment free from racial/gender bias in which all members of the Columbia community embrace and welcome diversity, and treat each other with courtesy, civility, respect, fairness, and with an awareness of the potential impact their behavior has on others.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Faculty Affairs, the Administrative Manager will assume the day-to-day management of the Office of Professionalism and Civility Office at the Columbia University Medical Center Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons. The incumbent will provide confidential support to the office for the preliminary intake and responses to inquiries by faculty, researchers, student officers and staff.
- Under strict confidential protocol, serves as first responder to faculty, researchers, student officers and staff
- Provides administrative support to the Assistant Vice President of Faculty Affairs and Assistant Dean
- Implements policies and procedures to ensure operational effectiveness
- Oversees office calendars and schedules meetings/interviews with faculty, researchers, student officers and staff related to incidents
- Responsible for the procurement of goods and services for the office
- Assists in the management of the office budget and interfaces with finance Accounts Payable, Purchasing, and the Controller's office
- Manages travel and business expense reports
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- Communicates with all levels of University administrators, faculty, staff, students and external constituents as appropriate and builds productive relationships with key constituents
- Liaises with the Office of the General Counsel, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EOAA), Public Safety, University Ombuds, CUIMC Chief Diversity Officer, CUIMC-Human Resources, NYP-Human Resources and NYP Respect Office, Center for Teaching and Learning on matters that intersect with the office’s mission
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the office website and other materials to complement training and compliance efforts and to keep the campus community informed of the Office of Professionalism and Civility policies and procedures
- Supports the Director of Training and Education at group training session
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent required. Minimum four years of related experience.
- Experience in a faculty/researcher/staff facing crisis or advising function strongly preferred.
- Must have a strong service-oriented attitude and excellent interpersonal skills. Exceptional organizational and communication skills with the ability to exercise a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment with sensitive and confidential matters. Finance experience is required. Demonstrated success in establishing and managing office operations. Must be a self-starter and resourceful problem-solver, and have the ability to anticipate office needs. Must have the ability to consistently re-prioritize office projects, meetings and fast-changing schedules, while remaining productive and professional. Willingness to work extended schedule as needed and must be comfortable speaking in public. Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Administrative Assistant Elmsford, Ny, Cornell University, United States, 3 days ago
The Cornell Cooperative Extension of Westchester County Administrative Assistant provides a high level of clerical and administrative support for the overall association including program support ...
Academic Administrator, Yeshiva University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position Summary: The Academic Administrator is responsible for the daily operational activity of the Azrieli Graduation School of Jewish Education and Administration. Position Responsibilities: O...
Administrative Assistant Warsaw, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 24 hours ago
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Wyoming County has an opening for an administrative assistant to support the agriculture department. Provide clerical/administrative support to the Agriculture pro...
Controller, Bergen Community College, United States, about 5 hours ago
Controller Posting date: April 26, 2021 College Overview Bergen Community College is an award-winning, comprehensive community college. More students graduate with associate degrees and certificat...
Director, It Finance & Administration, Yeshiva University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position Summary: Yeshiva University's Information Technology Service [ITS] seeks a Director of IT Finance and Administration to join its team. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer [CIO], th...
Office Coordinator, Yeshiva University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position Summary: The position reports to the Program Director. The Coordinator will create a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere to ensure faculty/staff satisfaction and student engagement. They wi...