Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
As part of the university's comprehensive vaccination program , all Cornell employees are required to have and provide proof of an FDA-or WHO-authorized or approved COVID-19 primary vaccination or have obtained a university-approved disability/medical or religious exemption, regardless of their role and work location.
New hires are required to provide documentation showing primary vaccination status (that is, completion of two shots of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or one shot of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson) before their first day of work. If a new hire's vaccination is not complete or information is not received by their start date, the first day of work will be delayed. It is possible in some cases that an offer of employment may be withdrawn.
For additional information on Cornell’s Vaccination Compliance Program click here .
The Administrative Manager will lead the Administrative Services Team for Cornell Tech’s growing graduate campus on Roosevelt Island.
Reporting to and providing administrative and project support to the Chief Administrative Officer, the position will interface with a broad range of internal and external constituents and manage a diverse team of more than ten administrative staff who support both faculty as well as academic and operational staff functions. The Administrative Manager is a key contributor to scaling and enhancing the efficiency of administrative operations to support rapid growth at Cornell Tech.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the hiring, orientation, training, and management of the Administrative Support Team while providing longer-term planning, supporting their professional development and the alignment of individual skill sets and workloads with the needs of the campus as it matures and scales.
- Represent the CAO Office with excellent communication, discretion, confidentiality, and judgment including coordination and collaboration across Cornell and Technion campuses/units.
- Evaluate, develop, and implement strategic processes and procedures to enhance campus administrative operations that have an impact on faculty, staff, and external constituents.
- Collaborate with campus leadership to support campus-wide initiatives and ensure optimal delivery of administrative services.
- Manage complex scheduling of meetings and events with diverse senior stakeholders, in collaboration with colleagues within and outside of Cornell Tech.
- Create and facilitate an administratively efficient and welcoming orientation experience for all employees (faculty, staff, temps, interns) in partnership with HR, IT, Facilities, Inclusion and Belonging, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination.
- Demonstrated success supervising employees including a commitment to building and supporting a diverse and inclusive team.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a wide range of constituencies.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills.
- Service orientation, bias to action, and focus on problem-solving.
- Proficient with MS Office and Google Suite as well as open to learning new technologies.
- Experience working in an academic and/or technology and/or rapidly-growing organization.
- Experience in change management and/or process improvement/development.
University Job Title:Administrator III
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Contact Name:Julie Delay
Number of Openings:1
Job Titles and Pay Ranges:
To learn more about Cornell’s non-union staff job titles and pay ranges, see Career Navigator . The final rate of pay for the successful candidate will be determined considering the following criteria:
Prior relevant work or industry experience.
Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
Unique applicable skills.
If you currently work at Cornell University, please exit this website and log in to Workday using your Net ID and password. Select the Career icon on your Home dashboard to view jobs at Cornell.
Online Submission Guidelines:
Most positions at Cornell will require you to apply online and submit both a resume/CV and cover letter. You can upload documents either by “dragging and dropping” them into the dropbox or by using the “upload” icon on the application page. For more detailed instructions on how to apply to a job at Cornell, visit How We Hire on the HR website.
For general questions about the position or the application process, please contact the Recruiter listed in the job posting or email email@example.com .
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to complete an employment application or to participate in the recruiting process, you are encouraged to contact Cornell University's Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX at voice (607) 255-2242, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
Notice to Applicants:
Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement by clicking here . This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We also recognize a lawful preference in employment practices for Native Americans living on or near Indian reservations. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.
Mae Fluids Search, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, United States, about 11 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -MAE -FLUIDS [#22725] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map ] Subject Area: Mechanical & Aero...
Mae Bioengineering Search, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, United States, about 11 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -MAE -BIOENG [#22584] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map ] Subject Area: Bioengineering /...
Tenure Track Faculty Positions – Finance Area, College of Business, United States, about 11 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -College of Business -2223_JCB_FIN_TT [#22874, WDR-000] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14850, United States [map...
Tenure Track Faculty Position In Computational Biomedicine, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, United States, about 11 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -BME -COMPUTATIONALBIOENGINEERING [#22908, WDR-00033693] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [ma...
Cognitive Psychology Open Rank, Tenure Track Position, Dept. of Psychology, United States, about 11 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -Dept. of Psychology -COGPROF [#22722] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map ] Subject Area: ...
Dairy Management Specialist (Cornell Cooperative Extension); North Country, New York, Cornell Cooperative Extension, United States, about 11 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -Cornell Cooperative Extension -DAIRYMANAGEMENT [#22808, WDR-00033277] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Canton, New York 13697, United States [map ] Subje...