Job TitleAdministrative Coordinator II
AgencyTexas A&M University
DepartmentDean Of College Of Architecture
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum Salary$3,042.67 monthly
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who we are
The visual and performing arts are well-established and respected programs at Texas A&M. Effective September 1, 2022, our Dance Science, Performance Studies, and Visualization programs are joining forces—and over time, significantly expanding—to combine these strengths with world-renowned Aggie expertise in science, engineering, and technology. The result: students will gain the practical, real-world skills and theoretical frameworks needed to become leaders in the highly competitive fine arts world of the 21st century. The School of Performance, Visualization and Fine Arts is for students who love to imagine, create, learn, and grow. It’s for those who love to explore new ways of seeing the world and who understand the magic that can happen when beauty and technology merge. Leading this new program will be faculty and staff with significant experience working at the intersection of theory and practice across the arts, sciences, and technology. They include dancers, directors, computer graphics engineers, composers, art historians, sound technologists—and much more. What else is ahead? One priority is a new, $175 million, state-of-the-art performing arts building that will also be a hub of engagement, creation, and discovery for future generations of Aggies in the fine arts. We can’t wait to get started, and we hope you’ll be part of our journey.
What we want
The Administrative Coordinator II, will coordinate complex administrative support to the Section Leaders of the new School of Performance, Visualization & Fine Arts. Serves as a liaison between the dean’s office administrative staff, business office and assigned section leaders. This role will provide expert knowledge for compiling data for reporting purposes, as well as the ability to create and maintain confidential files. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability as stated above. If the description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume’ are strongly recommended.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M’s COVID-19 response, please visit the University’s COVID-19 website . For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness’ COVID-19 website .
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of experience in office administration.
- Experience in task management and managing business operations.
- Experience within the specific duties, policies and computer systems described in the position description.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills including demonstrated proficiency in word processing.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP)
- Administration - Provide administrative support for the assigned sections of the School of Performance, Visualization and Fine Arts. Handles a variety of routine and complex confidential issues. Formulates, interprets, and implements policies, rules, and regulations. Compiles reports, maintains records and other documents, and coordinates special events. Evaluates documents submitted for administrator’s signature. Provides support for long-range planning and scheduling activities. Plans and coordinates logistical and administrative support for events, meetings or other special functions and provides on-site support. Acts as administrator’s representative in dealing with third parties. Researches and handles special projects. Plans and schedules meetings for the section leader and section. Assists in the preparation of faculty annual reviews, three-year reviews, and post-tenure reviews. Conducts course evaluations for faculty. Provides support for long-range planning and scheduling activities
- Faculty Recruiting - Coordinates recruit visits, sets up meeting itineraries for faculty candidates, schedules meetings rooms, prepares and disseminates meeting materials, and keeps accurate files and records for the recruiting process, while monitoring compliance with university policies and procedures. Drafts and assembles employment paperwork for faculty candidates. Analyzes program initiatives and monitor project timelines and identify issues. Adapts, combines, and makes improvements to services, processes, or programs.
- System Records Management - Performs special analyses and project summaries for requested reports, which relate to faculty information and department activities requested from the section leaders or deans administrative office. Prepares and reviews operational and special reports. Maintains the current sections directory. Drafts responses on behalf of the section leader that may require conducting research and applying policies and procedures. Researches, interprets, compiles, and responds to inquiries about rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Coordinates signature items, such as proposals that require the section leader and dean’s office approval. Prepares faculty award nomination packets and checks for adherence to policy and guidelines for each award.
- Faculty Related Duties - Coordinates travel and itineraries for faculty candidates and seminar speakers. Works on course requests and course change requests. Coordinates and analyzes faculty annual evaluation scheduling and keeps up to date records. Researches, compiles and applies information, making evaluative judgements on appropriate data to use. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate , specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Director Of Contracts (100% Remote), TAMHSC, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Director of Contracts (100% Remote) Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department SOM Finance Centralized Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Jo...
Tees Research Engineer Iii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Title TEES Research Engineer III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Bush Combat Development Complex Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff...
Tees Research Engineer I Robotics, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Title TEES Research Engineer I - Robotics Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Bush Combat Development Complex Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job T...
Tees Research Engineer I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Title TEES Research Engineer I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Bush Combat Development Complex Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff J...
Program Aide, TAMHSC, United States, about 18 hours ago
Job Title Program Aide Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Environmental And Occupational Health Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas J...
Communications Specialist Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Title Communications Specialist II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Engineering Communications Group Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type St...