Job TitleAdministrative Coordinator II
AgencyTexas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who we are
Texas A&M University’s Mays Business School is a vibrant learning organization of more than 175 faculty members, 125 staff members, and 6,400 undergraduate and graduate students in accounting, finance, management, management information systems, marketing and supply chain management. Mays Business School’s vision is to advance the world’s prosperity. To advance the world’s prosperity means providing a better future for generations who follow, including quality of life, environment and economic systems. To fulfill this vision, our mission is to be a vibrant learning organization that creates impactful knowledge and develops transformational leaders.
What we want
The Administrative Coordinator II, is responsible for administrative support for the head and associate head of the department. We're seeking someone who can exercise discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance. Compose correspondence for the Department Head’s signature and occasional administrative support for other department faculty and PhD students. Communication is paramount as this person will coordinate departmental special events while maintaining high-level interactions with the campus community and assists with highly confidential and critical academic and/or administrative matters. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability as stated above. If this job description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate to selected hire’s experience.
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume’ are strongly recommended. You may upload these documents on the application under CV/Resume.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M’s COVID-19 response, please visit the University’s COVID-19 website . For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness’ COVID-19 website .
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of experience in office administration.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Interpersonal and communication skills along with planning and organization skills.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Administrative Support - Serves as assistant to Department Head and Associate Department Head. Provides administrative support to the centralized business administrator on department finance matters. Provides administrative support to department faculty, including by not limited, help with course rosters, uploading syllabi to Howdy, and assistance with recommendation letter correspondence. Keeps department head and faculty up to date on university policy and procedures. Serves as department liaison for the on campus bookstore. Coordinates meetings, events and other special functions for the department. Manages electronic calendars for department conference rooms and classrooms. Plan and coordinate special events for department head such as Management Advisory Council meetings and departmental holiday reception. Assists in composition of yearly faculty contract letters. Maintains signature cards to Registrar’s office and the Office of Graduate Professional Studies office. Oversees the purchase of office equipment (copier, computers, etc.). Serves as DPR for the department.
- LMS Support - Provides administrative support for LMS/online learning by assisting faculty with Canvas issues, inputting tests, settings and assignments and performing the role of liaison between the department and the online platform when issues arise.
- Department Programs Support - Assists in processing candidate applications for review by the MSENLD and PhD program committees through WebAdmit. Manages the business CAS system for all MSENLD program applicants, answers queries regarding the program and conducts pre-screening of applicants to support the faculty review committee. Provides administrative support to the online Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship including managing the application and admissions process and supporting the flow of information to applicants, students and faculty involved with the certificate. Provides additional administrative support to the programs as necessary.
- Facility Management - Coordinates renovations of office space and suites, including creating new space by brainstorming with colleagues and then taking the actions required to realize the newly-created space. Responsible for office moves, maintenance, and equipment usage (computers, printers, phones, desks, chairs, etc.) and coordination of office repairs. Interacts with various entities (Mays Facility Coordinator, AggieWorks, CIS, and Telecommunications, etc.) to facilitate the renovations or a move.
- Event Planning - Plans, organizes, and directs official functions (receptions, meetings, etc.) for the department. Establishes, with the help of hosting faculty, visits by representatives of business and industry. Arranges meetings and conferences. Maintains room schedules. Assists in travel including guest rooms, meals, transportation, and other details incidental to workshops, seminars, and program development activities.
- Office Management - Maintains office supply inventory. Serves as the person in charge of office equipment repairs. Coordinates the maintenance of the office materials, keys, and offices and conference rooms. Coordinates office’s records retention, complying with the University’s retention schedule and staff concerning the appropriate destruction of materials. Responsible for departmental space inventory and departmental key inventory.
- Supervisor - Supervises Program Aide and student workers. Coordinates administrative support functions. Plans and coordinates administrative activities and services. Plans work and determines work priorities. Oversees shift scheduling to ensure the department always has adequate coverage. Assists with payroll processes for all non-exempt staff members, including student employees. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Business Coordinator Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Title Business Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Tees Fiscal Office Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description...
Chief Human Resources Officer, TTI, United States, 14 days ago
Job Title Chief Human Resources Officer Agency Texas A&M Transportation Institute Department TTI Human Resources Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Job D...
Director Of Contracts (100% Remote), TAMHSC, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Director of Contracts (100% Remote) Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department SOM Finance Centralized Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Jo...
Administrative Coordinator Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Title Administrative Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Workforce Development Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job De...
Senior Administrative Coordinator Career Development, TAMHSC, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Senior Administrative Coordinator - Career Development Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Counseling & Psychological Services Proposed Minimum Salary $3,742.67 ...
Administrative Coordinator Ii, TAMHSC, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Administrative Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Humanities In Medicine Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type ...