Job TitleAdministrative Coordinator I
AgencyTexas A&M University Health Science Center
DepartmentPrimary Care & Population Health
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationBryan, Texas
What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .”
Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes working together to improve health through transformative education, innovative research and team-based health care delivery.
What we want
The Health Science Center (HSC) is looking for an Administrative Coordinator I to serve as a member of the Primary Care and Population Health team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring an expert level of administrative experience to the position and understand the demands of supporting executives in a fast-paced environment. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
Job Summary: Administrative Coordinator I, Works under general supervision and provides administrative support for a unit or specialized activity to include the exercise of discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance. Provides administrative support to the Residency Program Director with duties essential to maintaining the Residency Program including the planning and organizing of annual events, recruiting, scheduling, website maintenance, residency databases/programs, answering phone. Serves as the liaison between guests to the Residency Program and Physicians.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of related experience
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Planning and organization skills
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Administrative or customer service experience. Experience with graduate medical education programs.
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with New Innovations, Concur and AggieBuy.
- Experience working with diverse individuals and communities.
- Ability to work with and help our staff, faculty, and patients
- Responsible for front desk duties for Family Medicine Residency Program to include reception, welcoming guests to the office, fielding phone calls, responding to inquires and organization of files and recruitment material.
- Coordinates resident recruiting (i.e. interview dates/schedules, fairs, hotel accommodations, 2nd interviews).
- Sorts and distributes mail received on a daily basis.
- Assists with planning and organizing annual events (i.e. graduation, white coat ceremony).
- Allocate Texas A&M Residency procurement and travel cards.
- Maintain Texas A&M Family Medicine Residency website and New Innovations.
- Assistant to Program Director. Manages schedules of Faculty Physicians and communicates schedule changes as necessary.
- Manages meeting spaces at Family Medicine Residency.
- Reviews documents for Program Director.
- Attends meetings or committees on behalf of Program Director.
- Performs special analyses and project summaries for Family Medicine Residency.
- Participates in coordinating the planning and execution of administrative operations.
- Responsible for providing workable solutions for identified issues and works to increase efficiency of office procedures.
- Develops, evaluates, and ensures adherence to office procedures.
- Implements management policies or operating practices as direct by Program Director.
- Assists in developing cost saving measures for Residency Program. Manages supply inventory and assets for Residency Program.
- Routinely tracks supplies and utilizes AggieBuy and orders through other external vendors as needed.
- Supervises and trains Residency student workers. Assigns tasks and evaluates progress made by student workers.
- Coordinates all Residency related travel. This includes securing vehicles, lodging, and organizing receipts.Processes travel and acts as delegate in Concur system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate , specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Project Coordinator I, TAMHSC, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Title Project Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Psychiatry and Behavioral Science Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Ty...
Community Health Worker I, TAMHSC, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Title Community Health Worker I Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Health Policy And Management Proposed Minimum Salary $14.77 hourly Job Location College Station, Te...
Administrative Coordinator I, TAMHSC, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Title Administrative Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Clinical Strategy Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff ...
Program Coordinator I, TAMHSC, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Title Program Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Com Diversity Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descrip...
Communications Specialist I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 12 days ago
Job Title Communications Specialist I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Engineering Communications Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job...
Senior Administrative Coordinator I, TAMHSC, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Title Senior Administrative Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department College of Nursing Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Typ...