Job TitleAdministrative Coordinator I
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Performs complex administrative support duties or administrative management of a specialized activity including the direction and supervision of office activities. Assists and coordinates the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports. Acts as liaison with the fiscal office. May coordinate activities and services relating to purchasing, data processing policies and procedures, legal issues, special analyses and project summaries as well as travel, payroll and compliance functions.
- Assists Division Head in the administration of the Environmental, Water Resources, & Coastal Engineering Division.
- Serves as personal assistant to the Division Head of Environmental, Water Resources, & Coastal Engineering in the department.
- Processes administrative documents such as purchase orders, reimbursement statements, work orders and travel and leave request.
- Enters faculty data into a management software system (Interfolio).
- Applies, interprets, and communicates University policies and procedures to divisional faculty and staff and is a resource and liaison to Civil & Environmental Engineering Business Office for accounting and administrative matters.
- Interacts with faculty, staff and students in a general support capacity.
- Performs day-to-day office activities, including answering phones, delivering mail, greeting visitors, etc.
- Assures the confidentiality of mail, correspondence, and reports.
- Compose various types of correspondence and documents under faculty supervision. Prepares, edits and proofs materials for reports, papers, and other publications.
- Provides administrative support for events, meetings or other special functions, such as faculty recruiting. Provides agendas and staffing assistance to various divisional meetings.
- Coordinates named lectureships, seminars, and other special events.
- Provides clerical support to departmental administration as needed.
- Responsible for the management of key inventory for the department.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of related experience
- Significant related experience in general office or business operations.
- Experience in customer service
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple projects under timelines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong people skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail are sought.
- Knowledge of Interfolio.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-dimensional work environment with a high degree of professionalism, accuracy, and consistency.
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Administrative Associate Iii, Texas A&M University System, United States, 16 days ago
Job Title Administrative Associate III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service Department Emergency Services Training Institute Proposed Minimum Salary $16.77 hourly Job Location College St...
Executive Assistant I, Texas A&M University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Executive Assistant I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Chemical Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description...
Administrative Associate Iii, Texas A&M University System, United States, 9 days ago
Job Title Administrative Associate III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service Department Institute for Law Enforcement & Protective Services Excellence Proposed Minimum Salary $16.77 hourl...
It Manager Iii, TTI, United States, about 22 hours ago
Job Title IT Manager III Agency Texas A&M Transportation Institute Department Tti Network & Information Systems Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Job De...
Temporary Marine Technician, Texas A&M University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Temporary Marine Technician Agency Texas A&M University Department International Ocean Discovery Program Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location , Job Type Temporary/Casual Sta...
Application Administrator Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Application Administrator II Agency Texas A&M University Department Enterprise Application Services Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staf...