Job TitleAdministrative Associate V - Waco/RELLIS Programs
AgencyTarleton State University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationWaco, Texas
Provides advanced level administrative assistance on behalf of a major service unit within the university. Normal work hours: Mon-Fri; 8 AM-5 PM or as work requirements indicate; May require some nights and weekends as needed.
50% Administrative Support:
- Provides direct administrative assistant support for the executive leadership of the Waco instructional site
- Support the daily operations of the Waco and RELLIS-Bryan sites and assist other instructional sites as needed
- Works collectively and collaboratively with various faculty and staff assigned to Waco and/or RELLIS-Bryan as well as McLennan Community College University Center (MCC UC) leadership and staff and Texas Tech University UC employees
- Meets with students who are interested in attending Tarleton Waco. Explains which programs fit their interest. This includes review of student’s transcript(s) and preliminary advising for students prior to making an appointment with an advisor.
- Works and supports Enrollment Management, Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, and other university divisions on the scheduling and coordination of activities and/or events at the Waco facility
- Provide guidance and support for other administrative assistants in other Tarleton divisions with needs as well as policy and procedures
- Assist with room scheduling for the Waco and RELLIS-Bryan sites using Ad Astra and other related calendars
- Represents TSU-Waco in marketing and recruiting meetings with McLennan Community College and Texas Tech University. This includes which marketing opportunities fit Tarleton.
- Coordinates Waco social media websites which included Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This includes updates and media blasts.
- Work with Waco and off-campus programs leadership and staff with a variety of fiscal, administrative, and other records as needed
- Other duties as assigned
50% Office Support:
- Professionally answers and appropriately distributes incoming phone calls and inquiries
- Maintains a professional, neat, and orderly office environment
- Maintain calendars, scheduling of appointments/meetings for site leadership and assists with academic advising and/or recruiting calendars and events
- Schedule and complete travel and reports as required
- Manage department inventory, office supplies, equipment needs for the facility
- Assemble and update Waco email list serves and coordinate/distribute emails for various Waco events/needs
- Serve as back-up for I-9 processing and/or on-boarding of Waco and RELLIS- Bryan staff and/or faculty
- Keeping inventory of supplies and ordering as needed for work areas
- Work proficiently in Workday, Concur, Canopy, Banner 9 as needed/required
- Supervise/management student employees as warranted
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five years of related experience in general office or clerical work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Outstanding customer service skills and ability to work collaboratively and harmoniously with a individuals with varying backgrounds and experiences. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Excellent written communication, analytical, and organizational skills. Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality. Ability to work independently once given a project.
Compensation & Benefits:
Commensurate with experience
Tarleton State University offers competitive wages, fully covered employee health insurance, comprehensive dental, vision, and life insurance options are also available. Benefits also include paid vacation, paid sick leave, holiday pay, retirement plan, longevity pay and more.
The target base hourly compensation is $15.56 and may be negotiable based on funding availability and candidate experience/skillset in relation to the minimum requirements of this position.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a completed application for consideration.
Completed online application
Three professional references with complete contact information
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Part Time Government Instructor [Govt] [Fall 2023, Blinn College, United States, 18 days ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested. Position Information Requisition Number 2023019F Position Title Part Time Government Instructor-[GOVT] [...
Part Time (Dual Credit) Waller Isd Government Instructor [Govt] Fall 2023, Blinn College, United States, about 19 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested. Position Information Requisition Number 2023045F Position Title Part Time (Dual Credit) Waller ISD Gover...
Electrical Pre Apprenticeship Instructor, Blinn College, United States, about 19 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested. Position Information Requisition Number 2022139F Position Title Electrical Pre-Apprenticeship Instructor...
Police Officer, Blinn College, United States, about 19 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested. Position Information Requisition Number 2023064P Position Title Police Officer Salary Range $50,000 + ex...
Full Time Instructor Education/Teaching, Blinn College, United States, 16 days ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested. Position Information Requisition Number 2023034F Position Title Full Time Instructor-Education/Teaching ...
Full Time Faculty Business, Blinn College, United States, 9 days ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested. Position Information Requisition Number 2023037F Position Title Full-Time Faculty-Business Salary Range ...