Job TitleAdministrative Associate V
AgencyTexas A&M University Health Science Center
DepartmentNeuroscience & Experimental Therapeutics
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationBryan, Texas
What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .”
Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes working together to improve health through transformative education, innovative research and team-based health care delivery.
What we want
The Health Science Center (HSC) is looking for an Administrative Associate V to serve as a member of the School of Medicine Business Affairs team servicing the department of Neuroscience and Experimental Therapeutics. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring an expert level of administrative experience to the position and understand the demands of supporting executives in a fast-paced environment. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
Job Description Summary: The Administrative Associate V will provide administrative support for the department of Neuroscience and Experimental Therapeutics and as back up to the Administrative Coordinator in the department. Duties will include, scheduling of meetings, inventory, and other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of related experience
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently once given a project.
- This job requires lifting, stooping, and bending.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Concur, FFX, and Workday.
- Experience in FAMIS, FRS, Canopy, Maestro, and AggieBuy.
- Must possess professional written and oral communication skills as well as excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Provides Administrative support to Department of Neuroscience and Experimental Therapeutics.
- Assists in the development of office procedures, including complex or specialized functions.
- Composes correspondence, reports, and presentations including editing, proofreading, and analysis.
- Verifies, processes, and reviews forms, reports, tables, and other documents.
- Performs special analyses and project summaries.
- Utilizes AggieBuy to order office supplies, receives packages.
- Maintains Lab Staff and Academic Collaboration lists.
- Assists Business Coordinators or Business Administrator as necessary.
- Assists Sr. Administrative Coordinator with Academic Collaboration packets and helps maintain any paperwork or correspondence related to the collaborators.
- Assists Sr. Administrative Coordinator with Visiting Scholar packets for international visitors and interfaces with ISFS or ISS.
- Serves as the first point of contact for visitors to the office.
- Evaluates incoming mail, correspondence, and inquiries, distributing with instruction on action items as needed.
- Receives packages from loading dock and notifies recipients.
- Maintains supply inventory for office.
- Requests services such as printing, work orders, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Processes content requests for departmental website and maintains departmental content accuracy.
- Assists in the supervision of student worker(s).
- Submits Facilities work orders and tracks status.
- Handles first reports of injury and interfaces with Risk Management.
- Selects and arranges facilities, equipment, and food for meetings, seminars, and other special events; compiles materials for meetings.
- Schedules rooms for meetings, seminars, and classes.
- Performs Alternate Property Officer duties for department.
- Maintains equipment inventory (HSC, OSRS, and TEES), performs annual inventory certification, and coordinates surplus pickups
- Performs other duties as assigned.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate , specific facilities at Texas A&M University may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Business Associate Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Title Business Associate II Agency Texas A&M University Department Finance - College of Arts and Sciences Proposed Minimum Salary $13.01 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Sta...
Business Coordinator I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Title Business Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M University Department Operations Finance Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description O...
Business Coordinator I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Job Title Business Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M University Department Finance - College of Education Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job D...
Financial Accountant I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Job Title Financial Accountant I Agency Texas A&M University Department Fmo Accounting Operations Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descri...
Financial Analyst Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, 20 days ago
Job Title Financial Analyst II Agency Texas A&M University Department Operations Finance Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description Our...
Administrative Associate Iii, Texas A&M University System, United States, about 4 hours ago
Our Commitment Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, di...