Achievement & Assessment Inst
ATLAS is seeking Administrative Associates to support the center’s general operations and specific teams. With more than 90 staff, the center serves students with disabilities, struggling learners, and teachers through several projects focused on improving student outcomes. The Administrative Associates will support center-wide operations and specific teams via project coordination and communications. The successful candidates have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, coordinate defined projects, and organize and implement administrative processes.
40% - Provide primary support to one or more teams within the center as well as providing executive support to senior leadership.
- Assist team leaders with calendar management, meeting schedules, and short- and intermediate-term planning for team deliverables.
- Provide support for staff travel, including creating itineraries, making travel arrangements, preparing travel authorizations and reimbursements, and managing paperwork in accordance with university requirements.
- Reconcile credit cards and process receipts.
- Track travel expenses or other budget line items including verifying payment status, as needed.
- Create supporting documentation and prepare materials for special events.
Maintain and implement center-wide operational procedures.
- Support the administration of the department, including identifying needs and developing procedures, forms, reports, and filing systems.
- Serve as liaison to AAI desktop support staff and provide first-tier technical support for Center staff.
- Maintain office supply inventory from ordering to stocking, including support for special projects.
- Coordinate work orders, repairs, and deliveries.
- Compose correspondence, distribute mail, monitor various email accounts, and screen phone calls.
- Schedule meeting rooms.
- Evaluate, develop, implement, and maintain systems and procedures for the efficient operation of assigned area including recommendations for procedural changes affecting staff.
- Work closely with the Business Manager to support Center invoicing, vendor contracts, and space management.
Other duties as assigned.
5% - Coordinate HR activities, including scheduling and hosting candidates, completing center-level onboarding and off-boarding steps, and maintaining center organization charts and contact lists.
5% - Supervise student employees and temporary employees in completing routine clerical and operational tasks.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application includes online application, vita/resume, cover letter highlighting qualifications and including specific examples of experience, and contact information for three professional references. Only complete applications will be considered.
Application review begins August 17, 2020 and continues until the position is filled. To ensure first consideration, please apply by the application review date.
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM with some flexibility
Conditions of Employment
Contingent on Funding
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).