Job TitleAdministrative Associate IV
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The Administrative Associate IV position will provide diversified administrative support of a substantial and confidential nature for the Texas A&M Cybersecurity Center (TAMC2) and the Texas A&M Global Cyber Research Institute (GCRI). Under general supervision, manages a full range of administrative and business activities, including the resolution of complex, highly sensitive and confidential matters. This position will support the daily operations and programs of TAMC2 and GCRI, anticipating staff/faculty needs while proactively solving problems and/or independently resolving issues.
The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and collaboratively with accuracy, speed, and contribute to successful project completions. Time management, adaptability, meticulous organizational skills, attention to details, and effective communication skills are all crucial for success in this position. TAMC2 is a team-oriented environment, and the selected candidate will be able to thrive in this type of environment while successfully managing individually assigned projects.
- Greets visitors, answers and screens calls, provides information and referrals to internal and external groups.
- Order office supplies and equipment for TAMC2 and GCRI operations and programs.
- Assist with departmental fiscal activities, such as purchasing, Pcard, and reconciling accounts using advanced spreadsheets and/or databases. Initiates pcard report process for TAMC2 and GCRI faculty and staff to verify that all TAMUS, State and Federal rules and regulations are followed. Coordinates with faculty and staff to ensure that all receipts and transactions are accounted for prior to month end.
- Arrange and/or assist departmental travel (faculty, student, incoming guests) using Concur. Manages the travel reconciliation process through Concur for TAMC2 and GCRI faculty and staff. Audits and provides initial assistance on each Concur report before it is submitted by traveler to ensure that the report is in accordance with TAMUS, State, and Federal rules and regulations. Proposes solutions for travel related issues as they arise. Serves as a liaison with TEES/TAMU travel and Fiscal offices regarding travel related issues.
- Assistance with monthly reconciliation of all project and departmental accounts, and preparation of routine financial reports.
- Performs word processing, desktop publishing, presentation, and data management activities, and assists staff with the use of these applications. Composes correspondence, reports, publications, and presentations, including editing and proofreading. Creates and maintains spreadsheets and databases.
- Coordinates meetings, seminars, and other special events and may provide on-site support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years of related experience.
- Experience creating and submitting expense reports through Concur system.
- Experience navigating purchase protocols for Texas A&M.
- Demonstrated business skills in financial management of a department or organization.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Familiarity with grant funding and expenses.
- Proven experience working directly with students, faculty, staff or related clientele.
- Some information technology experience.
- Experience and comfort with online platforms and technology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, scheduling, and presentation applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Ability to work in high stress environment.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work confidently and independently once given a project.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Research Assistant 1, TAMHSC, United States, about 7 hours ago
Job Title Research Assistant-1 Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Microbial Pathogenesis And Immunology Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Texas A&M University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Title Postdoctoral Research Associate Agency Texas A&M University Department Oceanography Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descriptio...
Research Assistant Leibowitz Lab, TAMHSC, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Research Assistant - Leibowitz Lab Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Microbial Pathogenesis And Immunology Proposed Minimum Salary $11.50 hourly Job Location B...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, TTI, United States, 19 days ago
Job Title Postdoctoral Research Associate Agency Texas A&M Transportation Institute Department Pavement Materials Chemistry Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type ...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Texas A&M University, United States, 2 days ago
Job Title Postdoctoral Research Associate Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Psychiatry and Behavioral Science Proposed Minimum Salary $1,750.00 monthly Job Location Brya...
Research Assistant Temporary Brooker, Texas A&M University, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Research Assistant Temporary - Brooker Agency Texas A&M University Department Psychology Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Temporary/Casua...