Job TitleAdministrative Associate III
AgencyTexas A&M University - Commerce
DepartmentVp Student Access And Success
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCommerce, Texas
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience ” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.) ” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the applicant to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document. If you need assistance with this or any other matter, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu .
This position will report directly to the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs. As directed by the Senior Vice Provost, the position will also provide support to the Director for Student Transition & Support. This position will provide complex administrative support for both the dual credit program and Student Transition & Support unit.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs word processing, desktop publishing, presentation, and data management activities, and assists staff with the use of these applications. Composes correspondence, reports, publications, and presentations, including editing and proofreading. Creates and maintains spreadsheets and databases.
- Greets visitors, answers and screens calls, and provides information. Receives, sorts, and routes mail and performs other mail services.
- Applies, interprets, and communicates policies and procedures and serves as a resource for answering questions regarding policies.
- Maintains a variety of fiscal, administrative, and academic records. Posts information to agency records and modifies forms or records. Verifies, processes, and reviews forms, reports, and other documents.
- Makes arrangements for meetings, appointments, conferences, and travel. May set up meetings, seminars, and other special events to include facilities, equipment, and food, including arranging annual dual credit instructor in-service and orientation.
- Maintains office supplies and equipment and department equipment inventory. Maintains office reference materials including online office materials. May deliver, pick up, or receive payments, documents, supplies, equipment, or materials.
- May coordinate activities and assign work to student workers. May participate in the hiring, training, and supervision of student workers.
- Supports Director of Student Transition & Support as needed.
- Assists with course planning for dual credit courses and Student Transition & Support, including entering the courses into Banner, uploading curricula vitae and syllabi, and ordering textbooks.
- Assists with awarding and tracking the dual credit and First-Year Leadership scholarships.
- May assist with social media postings & website updates.
- Gathers and submits core curriculum assessment artifacts for Student Transition & Support and dual credit courses.
- Processes hiring forms for dual credit adjunct instructors and Student Transition & Support.
- Manages invoicing and payments to partner school districts for dual credit.
- Gathers numeric grades from dual credit instructors and provides to high schools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills: Three years of related experience. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Physical Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned. All Texas A&M University-Commerce employees are expected to facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The University has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Financial Accountant Ii, TTI, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Financial Accountant II Agency Texas A&M Transportation Institute Department TTI Financial Services Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Job Desc...
Financial Accountant Iii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Title Financial Accountant III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Tees Fiscal Office Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descriptio...
Senior Administrative Coordinator Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Title Senior Administrative Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Engineering Technology Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staf...
Program Specialist Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 11 days ago
Job Title Program Specialist II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Workforce Development Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descriptio...
Compliance Officer I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Title Compliance Officer I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Research Compliance Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description Why work fo...
Business Coordinator Iii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Title Business Coordinator III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department TEES Fiscal Office Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description Why work...