Job TitleAdministrative Associate II
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
DepartmentNuclear Engineering and Science Center
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum Salary$15.00 hourly
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Why work for Texas A&M Engineering?
Who we are
Texas A&M Engineering is a large employer in the great and growing cities of Bryan/College Station, offering thousands of career opportunities in a wide variety of fields. We are deeply committed to recruiting and retaining a talented workforce that embraces our core values of respect, excellence, leadership, loyalty, integrity, and service. Texas A&M Engineering offers competitive salaries, full benefits, an extensive support network, and above all, an enriching and highly collaborative working community that is deeply passionate about our vision for higher education, research, and public service.
The Nuclear Engineering & Science Center’s (NESC) Reactor Facilities play an important role in the Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station’s (TEES) mission of performing research and leveraging expertise from universities, national laboratories, and state and federal agencies to improve lives through basic and applied engineering research. The Reactor Facilities provide support to instructional and research programs for all TAMUS colleges and departments as well as other organizations state-wide, nationally, and internationally. The two reactors are the foundation of the NESC, consisting of a 1-Megawatt TRIGA (NSCR) and a 5-Watt AGN along with associated research and service facilities and infrastructure.
The Administrative Associate works under general supervision and provides routine administrative support work.
- Monitors facility remote access points, grants facility access, greets visitors, answers and screens calls, provides information and referrals, and schedules appointments. Receives, sorts, and routes mail and performs other mail services.
- Performs word processing, desktop publishing, presentation, and data management activities, and assists staff with the use of these applications. Composes correspondence, reports, publications, and presentations, including editing and proofreading.
- Applies, interprets, and communicates policies and procedures and serves as a resource for answering questions regarding policies.
- Posts information to agency records and modifies forms or records. Verifies, processes, and reviews forms, reports, and other documents.
- Makes arrangements for meetings, appointments, conferences, and travel.
- Maintains office supplies and equipment. Maintains office reference materials including online office materials. May deliver, pick up, or receive cash payments, documents, supplies, equipment, or materials.
- May participate in the hiring, training, and supervision of student workers.
- Creates staff monthly expense reports for submission.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we need:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
About the Nuclear Engineering and Science Center:
The Nuclear Engineering and Science Center seeks to improve the health, wellbeing and environment of mankind through the application of nuclear technology. The center provides services to researchers and/or faculty from Texas A&M University, other colleges and universities, government agencies and private industry. The center is recognized primarily for providing radioisotopes and other nuclear irradiation services for research, academic, medical and industrial applications and as a teaching and nuclear training facility.
Texas A&M Engineering provides an outstanding benefits package including but not limited to:
- Competitive health benefits.
- Generous paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Vision, Dental, Life, and Long-Term Disability insurance options.
- Teachers Retirement System of Texas (TRS), a defined benefit retirement plan with 8% employer contribution.
- Additional Voluntary Retirement Programs: Tax Deferred Account 403(b) and a Deferred Compensation Program 457(b).
- Flexible spending account options for medical and childcare expenses
- Robust free training access through LinkedIn Learning plus professional development opportunities.
- Tuition assistance https://engineering.tamu.edu/information/esac/staff-development/staff-development-opportunities.html
- Wellness program release time offered to employees to promote work/life balance.
Helpful Applicant Information
Required Materials for Application:
- Three work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor/former supervisor.
- Letter of interest
- Recruit and retain high-performing workforce through competitive compensation and career development including career pathing, coaching and skills development.
- Offer total rewards through competitive and equitable pay, flexible benefits, professional development, performance recognition and work-life balance.
- Ensure resources are readily available and utilized to attract and retain the highest quality researchers, faculty, and staff. Exemplify equal pay for equal work, with allowable pay differences based on factors not prohibited by law.
Employment Eligibility Verification
- If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in delay of start date.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Program Specialist Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 11 days ago
Job Title Program Specialist II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Workforce Development Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descriptio...
Compliance Officer I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Compliance Officer I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Research Compliance Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description Why work fo...
Senior Administrative Coordinator Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Senior Administrative Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Engineering Technology Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staf...
Research Engineer I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 11 days ago
Job Title Research Engineer I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Energy Systems Lab Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description Why...
Multimedia Project Specialist I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Multimedia Project Specialist I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Remote Education Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descr...
Financial Accountant Iii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Financial Accountant III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Tees Fiscal Office Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descriptio...