Job TitleAdministrative Associate I
AgencyTexas A&M University
DepartmentVice Pres For Research
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who we are
The Texas A&M Institute of Data Science (TAMIDS) pursues new approaches to data science research, education, operations, and partnerships. These approaches cross college boundaries to connect elements of Data Science from engineering, technology, science and the humanities, and inform wider social challenges. In partnership with over 200 research affiliates from across the Texas A&M University System, work being done by TAMIDS is shaping the future of Data Science research. To learn more, visit https://tamids.tamu.edu/ .
What we want
TAMIDS is seeking an Administrative Associate I who will be responsible for providing customer service and general support; assisting in event planning and coordination; maintaining accurate and detailed records for auditing purposes; and ordering office supplies. We seek to hire a candidate who will support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. The successful candidate will have completed business courses at high school or college level and will have performed office support in higher education. We seek to hire a team player who will promote collaboration and cooperation while working within a team. If the description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity to join our team.
What you need to know
Please note: A cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references (to include at least one previous supervisor) are strongly recommended. You may upload all three on the application under CV/Resume or upon answering the questionnaire you may attach the documents.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors and updates our recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes to align with local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. Each department has established both remote and in-person procedures for conducting these processes, which include sanitizing common spaces, a mask policy, and maintaining safe physical distancing to the extent possible. Departments will provide the procedures to be followed at each step of the recruiting process.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One year of experience in general office or clerical work
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Business courses at high school or college level
- Office support experience in higher education
- Administrative Office Support - Greets visitors, answers and screens calls, provides general information and referrals, and schedules appointments. Receives, sorts, and routes mail and performs other mail services. Maintains office supplies and equipment. Maintains office reference materials including online office materials. Delivers and picks up documents, supplies, equipment, or materials.
- Administrative Faculty & Staff Support - Applies, interprets, and communicates policies and procedures and serves as a resource for answering questions regarding policies. Makes arrangements for meetings, appointments, conferences, and travel. Posts information to records and modifies forms or records. Performs data entry and retrieval and maintains data files. Prepares and proofs materials for reports and other publications. Prepares, modifies, and verifies documents. Processes reimbursement requests through the appropriate channels and follows through to completion. Posts and maintains events on social media outlets for all things TAMIDS related.
- Event Coordination & Planning - Assists in planning and managing events of varying sizes and purposes relating to Data Science including: establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors and venue, planning event details and aspects, including seating, dining and guests, managing events and addressing potential problems that may arise and planning for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event.
- Other - Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Research Assistant, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 15 hours ago
Job Title Research Assistant Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Computer Science & Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Desc...
Technical Assistant I, TAMHSC, United States, about 2 hours ago
Job Title Technical Assistant I Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Microbial Pathogenesis And Immunology Proposed Minimum Salary $9.79 hourly Job Location Bryan, Texas Jo...
Research Associate, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Research Associate Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Industrial Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description ...
Postdoctoral Position In Modeling Of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, United States, about 21 hours ago
The Ndeffo Lab has a position available for a postdoctoral fellow, who will be based at the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at Texas A&M University. The position focuses on ...
Administrative Associate Iv, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 15 hours ago
Job Title Administrative Associate IV Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Aerospace Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Desc...
Program Assistant, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Program Assistant Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Mary Kay O'connor Process Safety Center Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff ...