Stanford University is seeking an Administrative Associate 3 to provide administrative or operational support with limited supervision. May be responsible for leading other administrative staff or subordinates.
• Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
• Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
• Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
• Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
• Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
• Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
• Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion. Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation projects.
• May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review input.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
• Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
• Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
• Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
• Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions
• Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
• Frequently sitting.
• Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
• Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Program Analyst, The California State University, United States, 9 days ago
Description: Reporting to the Program Director and under general supervision, this position works independently to provide highly complex administrative support to the Director, faculty, students...
Analyst For The School Of Global Innovation And Leadership, The California State University, United States, 6 days ago
Description: Reporting to the Director of the School of Global Innovation and Leadership, the School Analyst works independently, under general supervision, to provide a broad range of technical, ...
Academic Advisor, The California State University, United States, 6 days ago
Description: The College of Humanities and the Arts Student Success Center is a learning support, academic assistance, retention and service-oriented unit within the College of Humanities and the ...
Principal Quantitative Researcher, Workforce Development, American Institutes for Research, United States, about 16 hours ago
Established in 1946, the American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the world's largest behavioral and social science research and evaluation organizations. Our mission is to generate and us...
Director Of Compliance, The California State University, United States, 7 days ago
Description: Reporting to and receiving work lead direction from the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance, the Director of Compliance works independently to provide NCAA rules compliance su...
Senior Director, Academic Employee Relations, The California State University, United States, 20 days ago
Description: Under the general direction of the Senior Associate Vice President for University Personnel, the Senior Director, Academic Employee Relations provides San José State University with e...