This position is responsible for providing customer service and administrative support of the front reception area of all units within the Camner center. The individual must work independently with occasional guidance from the office manager, Associate Director, and Director.
• Engages in the typical responsibilities of an administrative assistant requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling traffic flow of a busy reception area.
• Provides direct customer service, interfaces with other departments to identify and resolve challenges to delivery of quality customer service and/or management information. Resolves situations within own authority, involving others as appropriate to maintain professional image of the Center.
• Serves as an initial information resource regarding program policies, procedures, and operational functions of the Camner Center. Provides general information to guests about services, staff, university resources, or location of such services. Familiar with the university campus and different academic and student affairs units.
• Greets visitors and callers, handles their inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
• Maintains office calendar and assists in making appointments within the Camner Center. Composes correspondence or selects standardized formats on behalf of the Camner Center.
• Provides routine and general clerical support to Camner Center staff, including answering telephones, taking messages, answering routine questions, and transferring calls to appropriate individuals. Coordinates the purchasing, receiving, and storing of office supplies.
• Provides guidance to student employees to ensure proper completion of their duties.
• Coordinates special events.
• Develops and implements procedures for providing efficient work flow at the front desk.
• Tracks and reconciles daily tutoring appointments for payroll recording.
• Inputs student, tutors, and tutoring appointments into database system daily.
• Monitors, reconciles, and assists with fiscal preparation for the department, including but not limited to budgets, payroll, and purchasing.
• Prepares financial forms (IDRs, eBERFs, POs, work orders, check requisitions, etc).
• Uses Word Processing & Spreadsheet software to develop reports under general instruction; able to perform moderately complex analysis of report information. Uses discretion in maintaining/adapting current information.
• Develops special reports, analyzes differences in budget versus actual conditions in terms of trends and projects the effect of possible corrective action.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates administrative support systems, methods, and vendor services; makes recommendations as appropriate.
• Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and oversees receiving and shipping for office unit areas. Makes purchase decisions up to $1,000 for office supplies or the reorder of marketing materials.
• Analyzes cost efficient use of various office equipment.
• Issues appropriate purchase requisitions and negotiates contracts for maintenance of office equipment or facilities work.
• Participates in the hiring process for student workers. (Accepts applications, reviews resumes, participate in interviews)
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of routine office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of simple data processing and transmission principles.
• Ability to utilize computerized information systems.
• Ability to read and decipher data on source documents to be entered.
• Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy and a reasonable rate of speed.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Skilled in data entry or typing.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to interact well with others.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize well.
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
• High School or equivalent. AA degree preferred.
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
• Three (3) to Five (5) years of related experience.
Apply online. Position #: P00002632.
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!
Audiovisual Technician, Johnson & Wales University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Position Information Requisition Number 4018 Job Title Audiovisual Technician Department N Miami-Information Technology Campus North Miami, FL Summary Coordinates the implementation, installation ...
Receptionist, Keiser University, United States, 3 days ago
Keiser University is a regionally accredited, private, career university that provides educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels for a diverse student body. The main campus is ...