School of Public Affairs&Admin
This position provides administrative support for the KU Public Management Center. The position reports to the Business Coordinator.
Due to COVID restrictions, this will be a hybrid remote/on-campus position. It is assumed that it will return to full-time on campus once deemed safe and necessary.
50% - Provides administrative and technical support for the core Public Management Center Programs (CPM, ELA, LELA, SLT and Consulting Services)
- Supports PMC instructors through managing technology for virtual classes, managing and posting to Blackboard sites if requested, coordinates with guest lecturers or panel members, helps grade assignments and coordinates handouts and other class materials
- Supports business coordinator with course related responsibilities as required
- Maintains course records as requested by Business Coordinator and manages general communication with enrolled participants
- Proctors PMC virtual classes as needed
45% - Administrative support for the KU Public Management Center (PMC)
- Provides support for professional development offerings, including, but not limited to: securing classroom space, catering, technology needs, evaluations, assembling printed materials, maintaining course records, and general communication with enrolled participants.
- Registration and online database support for the PMC, including categorizes invoices, opening courses for registration, transferring or canceling registrations, general technical support and regularly cleaning up/merge duplicate accounts.
- Coordinates the distribution and completion of online assessments for a variety of PMC offerings.
- General administrative support including distributing mail, managing the PMC calendars, maintaining supply inventory, and providing support such as: copying, scanning, and purchasing.
- Support for the Public Management Center Director. Requests will vary, but may include help with Microsoft Suite applications, coordinating meetings, taking notes, and other administrative tasks.
5% - Other duties as assigned
All required qualifications will be measured by your application materials and work history. Please list details and skills in the following areas:
Contact Information to Applicants
Additional Candidate Instruction
In addition to the online application, the following documents must be submitted to be considered for this position:
- A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met
- A resume
- Contact information for three professional references
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Review of applications begins on 1-26-21 and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants. To ensure consideration, apply before the application review date 1-26-21.
Advertised Salary Range
$16.82 an hour
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas Lawrence Campus
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
This is a part-time position, but some weeks could be 40 hours a week. Most hours will be M-F 8 am - 5 pm, with the occasional weekend hours.
Work Location Assignment
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University's programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.
Manager, Kansas Geologic Sample Repository Wichita, University of Kansas, United States, 14 days ago
Kansas Geological Survey Position Overview Manage the Kansas Geologic Sample Repository (KGSR) operations and represent the Kansas Geological Survey (KGS) as an extension of the activities in the ...