The Admin Assistant will support the Department head and assist with tasks assigned by the Lead Administrative Assistant. This position will also serves as schedule deputy, social media, and outreach coordinator. The Admin will also provide administrative support for an individual, group of professionals, department, program or other administrative function. Will perform a variety of administrative tasks including maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, events, arranging travel and or handling incoming inquiries. Other position Duties can include, creating reports and agendas, flyers, promotional materials, updating and maintaining websites, databases and mailing lists.
- A high school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a clerical or administrative support role
- Customer service, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions, balance multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and maintain confidentiality
- Organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Computer and related software skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, etc.
- Typing, drafting, filing, data entry, proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to identify routine problems and implement or recommend solutions.
• Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
• A background check will be required for employment in this position
• FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime)
• Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
• Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Proctor Assessment Center, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 3 hours ago
Provide general college information about services. Administer certification and academic exams through the Center. Schedule appointments for exams including determining candidate eligibility and ...
Part Time Biotechnology Lab Intern, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 3 hours ago
Responsibilities include compliance with all safety and laboratory procedures; scientific literature review to understand background and current research relevant to project; meet goals of project...