Location: Portland, Oregon
Internal Number: 23399
The Department of Psychiatry at OHSU is committed to providing excellent mental health services and resources to our community. As part of a teaching hospital, we have a unique opportunity to foster creativity, innovation, and train providers based on the latest research. We have made important contributions to the field of Psychiatry through our Residency Training, Fellowships, Research Programs, and Community engagement. Our faculty members and administrative leaders pioneered a much- needed improvement for mental healthcare access in Portland by the opening of Unity Center for Behavioral Health in January 2017. In partnership with Legacy Health, Kaiser Permanente, and Adventist Health, we successfully opened the region's first comprehensive mental health care center that provides both inpatient and emergency services. Our residents and fellows rotate through the VA, Unity Center, our adult outpatient clinics (both on and off the hill), child outpatient clinic, Oregon State Hospital, as well as other diverse community settings. The department's education and training programs have been one of our department's greatest strengths throughout the years and we will continue to improve our program as our department grows.
As the Administrative Assistant you will provide a wide variety of administrative related tasks to the Public Psychiatry program and its training program. This position also provides back-up support to the Department of Psychiatry's Administrative Office and to the faculty members located on the 1st and 2nd floors of Multnomah Pavilion.
Function/Duties of Position
- Provide administrative support to the Department of Psychiatry management team (including DoP chair, DoP Administrator, PPTP Director and Assistant Director) and the Wellness Program Faculty.
- Liaison between DoP and PPTP for specific administrative needs. Compose, edit and prepare memos, plan meetings, assist in word processing. Schedule meetings, reserve conference rooms, attend meeting when appropriate and take meeting minutes, distribute minutes to attendees in a timely fashion. Prepare meeting materials, coordinate PPTP management meetings. Complete all necessary compliance paperwork for PPTP management team
- Maintain inventory of office and copier supplies. Troubleshoot for copy machine, printer, fax machine, fed-ex materials. Maintain calendar for PPTP Assistant Director. Reimburse travel arrangements. Answer phones for DoP and PPTP, triaging calls for emergency or routine needs. Back up support for the department mailroom; handling mail delivery and distribution.
- Serve as a resource to all supported faculty and administration around Microsoft Office suite software. Develop expertise in OHSU software as needed. Provide back-up to co-workers, as necessary
- Back-up for Grand Rounds, CME quarterly reports, etc.
- Provide organization and assistance to Telepsychiatry services and physicians. Maintain electronic files on Telepsychiatry patients
- Coordinate secure transmission of patient medical records, lab work requests and prescriptions to and from institutions and pharmacies on clinical days. Maintain Telepsychiatry studio calendars
- Maintain provider monthly schedules in conjunction with PPTP Assistant Director. Coordinate equipment maintenance and repair with ITG and Edu-Comm, and outside vendors as needed
- Organization and supervision of department supply ordering, processing payment through Oracle Purchasing System, handling payment and processing of invoices for services provided by outside vendors such as Sierra Springs Water, Pacific Office Automation, Workflowone, and other non-OHSU vendors
- Prepare Department of Corrections monthly invoice; back-up for other Public Psychiatry monthly invoices. Prepare Tuality call pay every two weeks. Prepare/review Unity call pay.
- Any and all other special projects or administrative tasks as assigned by the Department Administrator or Faculty Recruitment Manager
- Use Drupal and the web profile interface to help maintain the Department of Psychiatry website
- Use Marketing Cloud to send out Department-wide emails; huddle, grand rounds, etc.
- Two years of general office or secretarial experience; OR
- An Associate's degree or certificate in office occupations or office technology and one year of general office or secretarial experience; OR
- A Bachelor's degree and one year of general office or secretarial experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Note: Successful completion of a formal OHSU Administrative Internship Program will substitute for one year of experience.
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Competencies):
- Demonstrated intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), including Access
- Demonstrated skills with composing, editing, proofing, and copying written materials
- General knowledge of mental health practice and services
- Demonstrable record of reliable attendance, punctuality and proven successful performance at past and present employers
- Excellent customer service skills; sensitive to patient needs; excellent grammar, phone demeanor, oral and written communication skills required
- Must exhibit professional behavior at all times, in person, over the phone and through electronic communications
- Ability to multi-task and to work efficiently; ability to prioritize tasks in a fast moving environment to ensure the smooth flow of services and operations
- Able to receive and provide feedback in a constructive manner; work independently and function as a team player
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Experience in an academic medical center and/or the behavioral health clinical setting.
- Advanced skill level in Oracle, Word and Excel Minimum of 6 months experience answering phones
- Previous experience handling confidential information.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and exercise discretion at all times
- Previous experience ordering supplies OR creating and tracking requisitions in Oracle
This individual must have a professional demeanor and the ability to represent the Department of Psychiatry appropriately.
Must be flexible with work environment and ability to withstand stressful conditions.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org. As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Associate Director Of Strategic Communications And Marketing, University of Oregon, United States, about 5 hours ago
Apply now Job no:532639 Work type:Officer of Administration Location:Portland, OR Categories:Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Executive/Management/Director Department: The Ballmer Instit...
Program Manager, Alumni Engagement, University of Oregon, United States, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:532648 Work type:Officer of Administration Location:Eugene, OR, Portland, OR Categories:Business Administration/Management, Development, Planning/Project Management Department: Un...
Career Advancement Coordinator, University of Oregon, United States, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:532607 Work type:Officer of Administration Location:Portland, OR Categories:Academic Advising/Support, Student Life/Services Department: UO Portland Office of the Vice President A...
Clinical Partnership Liaison, University of Oregon, United States, about 6 hours ago
Apply now Job no:532687 Work type:Officer of Administration Location:Portland, OR Categories:Child Development, Psychology Department: The Ballmer Institute for Children's Behavioral Health Appoin...
Senior Program Manager, Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission, United States, 20 days ago
AgencyPacific States Marine Fisheries CommissionLocationPortland, ORJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalary$120,000-$140,000Start Date11/01/2023Last Date to Apply10/15/2023Websitehttps://www.psmfc.o...
Portland Facility Operations Assistant, Oregon State University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Job Title Portland Facility Operations Assistant Appointment Type Student Employee Job Location Portland Position Appointment Percent 100% Appointment Basis 1...