About Bellarmine University:
Bellarmine University is a dynamic, growing university with a strong liberal arts focus in the Catholic higher education tradition and a bold vision for the future. Bellarmine has undergraduate and graduate enrollment of nearly 3,500 students and continues to add new academic programs while maintaining small class sizes and personal attention to students. Bellarmine is listed in The Princeton Review's Best 385 Colleges, is one of the top 20 Southern regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's 2019 college rankings and is a top university in Forbes' list of America's best colleges. In a survey by The Princeton Review, students praised Bellarmine as a place that is "welcoming to every single person and makes an effort to include everyone." Bellarmine students, faculty and staff engage in more than 25,000 cumulative hours of service each year, in Louisville and around the nation and world. Beginning in Fall 2020, Bellarmine's 22 athletic teams will compete in NCAA Division I, through an invitation from the ASUN Conference.
Bellarmine is located on a scenic 145-acre campus in the Highlands neighborhood and 46+ acres off-campus in Louisville, KY, which Forbes recently recognized as a "Top 15 City" for affordable living and National Geographic calls one of the "Best Small Cities in the U.S." Louisville is within a day's drive of two-thirds of the U.S. population.
Bellarmine is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Bellarmine is committed to core values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Bellarmine will demonstrate a fully realized and lived commitment to equity and inclusion, empowering all members of its increasingly diverse community and supporting them to achieve their full potential.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for contributing to creating a vibrant community that welcomes and develops students within the areas of Career Development and Community Engagement, Disability Services, and International Student and Scholar Support. The position will provide administrative support as well as marketing, management of technology systems, and support of programs. This is a 20 hours a week position.
- Provide excellent customer service to a diverse set of students, staff, faculty, vendors, and community partners via phone, email, and personal interactions
- Assist with day-to-day operations including scheduling and managing of appointments and visitors, processing mail and email, ordering supplies, and overall organization of the space
- Process and manage requests for purchase orders and related finance, travel arrangements, room reservations, maintenance, and international mail
- Develop and implement marketing for both digital and physical advertising across campus
- Support Career Development in the maintenance of Handshake and related employer contact as well as managing data for First Destination Survey and other related projects
- Support Disability Services with coordination of note-taking and audio book accommodations, including tracking and fulfillment of requests and payment of note-takers, as well conversion of student records into e-documents in Accommodate
- Assist International Support with student communications, programming, and student data
- Other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required, but a bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Experience with campus programming, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work with diverse constituencies, knowledge of principles of student development, and a strong student-centered philosophy is preferred.
- Ability to manage and motivate students and develop programs is essential, as is a personal demeanor that inspires excellence and collaboration.
Bellarmine University is committed to core values of diversity, equity and inclusion and embraces diversity in our workforce among members of faculty, staff and administration. We remain committed to affirmative actions, policies, procedures and attitudes necessary to continue to build and retain a diverse and equitable workforce. We will demonstrate a fully realized and lived commitment to equity and inclusion, empowering all members of our increasingly diverse community and supporting them to achieve their full potential. As part of Bellarmine's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, we will seek to ensure that all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, job assignment, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, layoff and termination processes remain free of discrimination based upon race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Applicants should submit a resume or CV, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Position will remain open until filled.
Disability Program Specialist Ii, University of Kentucky, United States, 14 days ago
Posting Details Job Title Disability Program Specialist II Requisition Number RE29816 Working Title Provider Development Specialist Department Name 40527: HDI CNS Waiver Work Location Louisville, ...
Family Mentor, University of Kentucky, United States, 21 days ago
Posting Details Job Title Family Mentor Requisition Number RE29477 Working Title Family Mentor - Jefferson County Department Name 8T110:College of Social Work Work Location Louisville, KY Grade Le...
Business Office Clerk, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 4 hours ago
Perform general office duties including answering telephone and filing. Accepts payments for student tuition and fees, record revenue using on-line data entry and processes appropriate receipts. B...
Targeted Assessment Specialist, University of Kentucky, United States, 24 days ago
Posting Details Job Title Targeted Assessment Specialist Requisition Number RE29654 Working Title Bullitt County TAS Department Name 7H090:CENTER ON DRUG & ALCOHOL RESEA Work Location Shepherdsvil...
Enrollment Center Administrative Assistant, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 4 hours ago
The Financial Aid Assistant will provide administrative and front-end office support for the Office of Financial Aid (FAO), the Office of the Registrar and the Express Enrollment Center (EEC) as a...