|Administrative Assistant, Office of Health Informatics|
|4722 Administrative Assistant III|
|Family and Community Medicine|
|Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
| JOB OVERVIEW|
The Department of Family and Community Medicine (FCM) at the Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (ZSFG) is recruiting for the position of Administrative Assistant to Office of Health Informatics.
ZSFG houses the operational center for the Office for Health Informatics (OHI) for the San Francisco Health Network (SFHN). OHI is led by UCSF clinical faculty, including the Chief Health Informatics Officer (CHIO) and Associate Chief Health Informatics Officers (ACHIOs) of ZSFG and Ambulatory Services. As OHI prepares for SFHN’s implementation of an enterprise electronic health record, this position will provide administrative support for the Health Informatics Officers working at UCSF at ZSFG.
The School of Medicine Vice Dean’s Office at ZSFG supports the clinical, teaching and research activities of the UCSF faculty, residents, students, and staff at ZSFG that are intended, in partnership with the administration of DPH, to support both the mission of UCSF and ZSFG.
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (ZSFG) has been a training hospital for UCSF since it opened in 1872. The Affiliation Agreement between the UCSF School of Medicine and the City/County of San Francisco includes providing all of the professional medical staff at ZSFG across approximately 40 different service lines. Currently, there are over 700 active and courtesy UCSF faculty working at ZSFG. UCSF also operates undergraduate and postgraduate medical training programs at ZSFG. More than 900 UCSF residents and 350 medical students rotate at ZSFG each year. There are also approximately 1,000 administrative and research staff based at ZSFG.
ZSFG serves approximately 120,000 patients per year and provides 20% of the city's inpatient care. As San Francisco's public hospital, ZSFG’s mission is to provide quality healthcare and trauma services with compassion and respect to patients that include the city's most vulnerable. ZSFG is also one of the nation's top academic medical centers partnering with UCSF on clinical training and research. It is home to 20 research centers and labs that benefit patients worldwide.
The SFHN is operated by the San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH). It is the city’s only complete system of care and includes ZSFG with UCSF physicians providing hospital care, specialty, diagnostic and ancillary services. SFHN also includes Laguna Honda Hospital and Rehabilitation Center, primary care clinics in the community, and a comprehensive range of substance abuse and mental health services.
FAMILY AND COMMUNITY MEDICINE
Our department's mission is to educate students and residents in family medicine with an emphasis on meeting the needs of the economically disadvantaged and the medically underserved; to advance knowledge in family and community medicine; and develop methods of primary care that are effective, efficient, and accessible to all people.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
| • High school graduation and four years of related administrative experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience|
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and online applications, including Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
• Strong customer service and problem solving skills and ability to follow through with tasks
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, be highly organized, meet deadlines and work with a high degree of accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple ongoing projects
• Excellent attendance, time management, multi-tasking, prioritizing, and detail oriented skills
• Ability to juggle multiple projects, be flexible to change, demonstrate pro-activeness and positive attitude
• Ability to work independently and as a team player, demonstrate willingness to follow instructions and have a “dive in and get it done” attitude
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required. Effective March 13, 2017, all final candidate(s) for employment are required to undergo a background check.
| • Knowledge of health information technology / electronic health record terminology and uses|
• Knowledge of health system roles, including faculty, interdisciplinary team members and staff, and health professional trainees
• Knowledge of medical quality improvement terminology, including Lean Management principles
• Experience in coordinating large meetings and conference calls; WebEx, Skype for Business, etc.
• Experience in managing multiple calendars for executive level staff
• Experience maintaining confidential files and records
• Experience working in an educational or medical environment including meeting/event planning and coordinating multiple complex schedules
• Knowledge of UCSF systems: MyExpense, BearBuy, Collaborative Learning Environment
• Familiar with UCSF Controller’s Office
|The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.|
Executive Analyst, University of California, United States, 13 days ago
Req Number 48404BR Job Title Executive Analyst Job Code and Payroll Title 7376 Administrative Officer II Location UCSF Parnassus Department Name Radiology & Biomedical Imaging Work Days Mond...
Program Nurse Manager, University of California, United States, 5 days ago
Req Number 48446BR Job Title Program Nurse Manager Job Code and Payroll Title 6474 Ambulatory Care Patient Manager I Location UCSF Parnassus Department Name Helen Diller Family Comprehensive ...
Open Rank Nursing Faculty, University of San Francisco, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position Information Requisition Number 2017-0293Faculty Position Title Open Rank Nursing Faculty Job Location Main Campus - Hilltop Department Nursing Job Type Full-Time Union Type USFFA Travel U...
] Dean Of Architecture, , United States, about 22 hours ago
California College of the Arts (CCA), located in the San Francisco Bay Area, is seeking a creative and collegial leader to serve as the Dean of Architecture. The Dean joins the institution—a leadi...
Assistant Professor In Public Administration (Tenure Track), University of San Francisco, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position Information Requisition Number 2017-0295Faculty Position Title Assistant Professor in Public Administration (Tenure Track) Job Location Main Campus - Hilltop Department Public Administrat...
Sport Club Coach (Taekwondo), University of San Francisco, United States, 12 days ago
Position Information Requisition Number 2017-1386Staff Job Title Sport Club Coach (Taekwondo) Job Location Main Campus - Hilltop Salary Type Non Exempt Minimum Hire-In Rate (for OPE positions only...