Under general supervision, perform routine administrative duties requiring general knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
1. Anticipate and initiate action regarding administrative detail.
2. Prepare and compose communication correspondence, reports, memorandums and other documents using basic and more advanced functions of computer applications and software packages including MS Word, and PowerPoint. Prepare and compose confidential correspondence.
3. Use complex functions of a variety of computer applications and software packages (Microsoft Suite, PowerPoint, Endnote, etc.) (i.e. creating spreadsheets with formulas, developing macros and templates, creating databases). Has advanced knowledge of department specific software programs. Maintain programs and troubleshoot problems as needed.
4. Provide software support including revising existing documents for proper format and grammar. Proofread documents of accuracy and correctness.
5. Screen telephone calls and visitors and resolve more complex inquiries.
6. Coordinate calendar of events, appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries and related arrangements. Complete travel reimbursement requests.
7. Research, collect and compile data; prepare special reports. Independently format final report.
8. Involved in financial aspects of the area; assist in preparing budget and monitoring expenditures. Process payment requests, requisitions and invoices.
9. Assist with the preparation of research grants by conducting literature searches, proof reading and editing grant applications and formatting bio sketches. Submit and format papers for publication to journals such as Endocrinology, Cancer Research, Journal of Biological Chemistry, American Journal of Pathology.
10. Distribute incoming mail and process outgoing mail. Organize and maintain file system. Maintain records. Maintain office equipment such as changing toner in printer, copier and fax machine.
11. Order office supplies and laboratory supplies. Track expenditures on research grants to ensure all costs are allowable and allocable and that accounts are proactively managed.
12. Lead role in coordination of special projects; coordinate activities and keep track of current status/progress.
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. Strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentiveness to detail required. Ability to demonstrate responsibility and dependability when completing assignments, plan and organize work according to established priorities and complete assignments accurately within established timeframes. Demonstrates cooperation, courtesy and consideration when working effectively with varied people. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to effectively plan and organize projects impacting the work of others.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
Minimum Required Education: High school diploma
Minimum Required Experience: 3 years of experiencePreferred Experience: Research experience preferred
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Assistant Dean/M (Unit Business Manager/Sr Financial Analyst), University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, United States, about 13 hours ago
Position Information Official Job Title ASSISTANT DEAN/M (UNIT BUSINESS MANAGER/SR FINANCIAL ANALYST) Working Title: Position Number 02251863 Division College of Health Sciences Department B1001 A...
Associate/No Prefix/Senior Information Processing Consultant, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, United States, 3 days ago
Position Information Official Job Title Associate/No Prefix/Senior Information Processing Consultant Working Title: Research Computing Facilitator Position Number New Division Finance and Administ...
Asc Dir, Unspec (8), University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, United States, about 13 hours ago
Position Information Official Job Title ASC DIR, UNSPEC (8) Working Title: Associate Director-Compliance Position Number 02122797 Division Finance and Administrative Affairs Department B026300 UNI...
College Division Counselor, Marquette University, United States, 3 days ago
Posting Details Posting Number 201102554 Position Title College Division Counselor Employment Status Full Time Position Status Regular If Limited Term (End Date of Assignment, Project, or Grant) P...
Clinical Asst Prof, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, United States, about 13 hours ago
Position Information Official Job Title CLINICAL ASST PROF Working Title: Field Liaison Position Number 02250409 Division Helen Bader School of Social Welfare Department B8610 SOCIAL WORK Position...
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Occupational Therapy, Marquette University, United States, 3 days ago
Posting Details Posting Number 201102568 Position Title Adjunct Assistant Professor, Occupational Therapy Employment Status Part Time Position Status Limited Term If Limited Term (End Date of Assi...