- Job Type: Support Staff - Union
- Bargaining Unit: Local 2110
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: $54,615 - $70,221
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, specialty, and training. The above hiring range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Reporting to the Director of Academic Administration, the Administrative Assistant works as a team member dedicated to supporting the academic and administrative work of Columbia Business School faculty. The physical location of this position performs on a rotational basis as needed and assigned. The Administrative Assistant represents the department to the public and is the first point of contact for inquiries from students, faculty, and staff.
- Receives and prioritizes work given by the division’s Director and/or faculty with the highest level of customer service. Provides information and updates regarding the status of work and projects as needed and required.
- Utilizes MS Office to produce high-level technical documents and editing (tables, mail merges, equations, and related functions). Creates weekly presentations for class sessions.
- Works with faculty and/or the Director to compile materials and prepare academic course books as needed. Assists with the Orientation and training of new faculty members regarding relevant policies and procedures.
- Responsible for communicating to students and other relevant populations the faculty’s location, teaching schedules, office hours, exam schedules, and grade-related information.
- Consults with the Director and coordinates resources in response to all Faculty operational and/or computing difficulties. Works with Director to update and maintain department directories.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings, conferences, and seminars on behalf of and between faculty, both on and off-site. Arranges travel and hotel accommodations. Updates and maintains faculty webpages as required.
- Completes and processes travel and expense reports on behalf of faculty and PhD students. Converts foreign expenses into U.S. monies. Follows up with the Financial Planning Office to ensure payments have been processed. Reviews discrepancies in billing.
- Performs both electronic and library research. Retrieves books, articles, and research materials from campus libraries as approved by the Director and /or Faculty.
- Prepares requisitions and obtains all needed office supplies for faculty. Orders books from distributors. Requests copyright clearances for course readings. Ensures materials have been received.
- Performs duplication of materials. Responsible for ensuring that the materials are delivered and/or received in an efficient and timely manner.
- Performs administrative duties for faculty search committees as assigned by the Director and/or faculty search committee Chairperson.
- Performs related work as directed by the Director and/or Faculty.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required. Minimum of three years related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must have demonstrated strong interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral communication skills. Must have demonstrated strong customer service focus with the ability to interact in a professional manner with all levels of faculty, students, and staff in a fast-paced environment. Must have a demonstrated ability to work with changing priorities in a busy environment. Ability to work as part of a team and work independently as necessary. Strong computer proficiency with Windows, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Ability to use scanning software and knowledge of the Internet necessary. Strong typing skills are required. Overtime may be required during peak periods. Physical location requires additional focus since several departments are in the area.
- Some college preferred. Knowledge of database software preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Acquisitions Editor Auc Press, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 18 days ago
Reports to: Director, Editorial Acquisitions Purpose: The job holder will be responsible for all the activities related to authors, soliciting and assessing initial proposals, managing peer revi...
Assistant To Director, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
91992BR Campus: Tempe Asst to Director Job Description Under administrative direction, performs work of considerable responsibility in administering services, managing academic personnel matters, ...
Associate Director Of Programs, Harvard University, United States, 16 days ago
19-May-2023 University Administration 62621BR Job Summary The Harvard Global Health Institute (HGHI) is an interfaculty initiative that facilitates collaboration across the Harvard community and p...
Program Assistant, Harvard University, United States, 7 days ago
30-May-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 61918BR Job Summary The Committee on Degrees in Studies of Women, Gender, and Sexuality is an undergraduate degree program within the Faculty of Arts and S...
Faculty Coordinator, Harvard University, United States, 6 days ago
31-May-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 62536BR Job Summary The Faculty Coordinator supports 2-3 PI's with a combined research group of 20+ members within the Department of Organismic and Evoluti...
Senior Editor For Science And Technology, Harvard University, United States, 22 days ago
15-May-2023 Harvard University Press 62558BR Job Summary Acquires new titles in science and technology for Harvard University Press. Position Description Harvard University Press seeks an entrepre...