School of Medicine / ZSFG / Vice Dean’s Office
The Administrative Assistant III (AA III) serves as a first point of contact for the UCSF School of Medicine (SOM) Vice Dean’s Office located at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (ZSFG).
This critical position sets the tone for the office, specifically conveying our sense of professionalism, discretion, customer service standards, and warm welcome. This responsibility includes communicating with faculty, chairs, deans, and senior leaders within UCSF, Executive Leadership at ZSFG and the San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH), and foundation representatives. The AA III supports senior leadership and administrative operations team with responsibility for department-wide administrative needs such as document processing, licensure tracking, digital archiving, communications, data tracking and troubleshooting and other administrative tasks. The accuracy of work completed by this position directly impacts the Dean’s Office and the entire UCSF community at the hospital.
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE / VICE DEAN’S OFFICE AT ZSFG
The Vice Dean’s Office provides administrative leadership and support for 19 departments with over 2,500 UCSF personnel located at the hospital and 900 residents and fellows rotating through annually. UCSF at ZSFG is dedicated to advancing health worldwide through preeminent biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care, particularly in serving the public at San Francisco’s only level one trauma center.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• High School Diploma and four years of administrative experience
• Proficiency with Windows, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
• Intermediate Excel skills. Able to generate pivot tables and produce reports
• Extensive and proven experience in general administrative support in professional environment, including answering phones, scheduling calendars, coordinating meetings, processing reimbursements and planning events
• Excellent customer service skills, ability to show good judgement. Demonstrated ability and temperament to work discreetly with sensitive information and numerous individuals
• Accurate and dependable. Ability to take initiative for addressing questions and resolving problems every day. Ability to focus on results and complete work on deadline
• Demonstrated ability to work well with individuals within a culturally diverse environment
• Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and editing. Able to proof and catch potential typos, grammatical errors and data entry mistakes
• Ability to effectively respond to rapidly changing priorities and anticipate needs in advance of being asked
• Excellent time management skills. Ability to work within exact time frames in a complex, multi-task and challenging environment with attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize tasks in order of importance for self and office
• Resourceful, able to quickly adapt to last minute changes and problem solve to accommodate changes
Note: Physical/health screening required.
• One to two of years administrative experience in an academic / clinical environment
• Familiarity with UCSF campus and / or medical center organization and community
• Working knowledge of UC and / or UCSF experience
• Proficiency with Sequel database environment
Job Code and Payroll Title
4722 Administrative Assistant III
Monday - Friday, variable
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Executive Assistant To The Dean, University of Toronto, Canada, about 19 hours ago
Executive Assistant to the Dean Job Number : 1900921 Faculty / Division: Faculty of Arts and Science Department : Office of the Dean, Arts and Science Campus : St. George (downtown Toronto) Descri...
Senior Secretary, University of Houston - Clear Lake, United States, about 12 hours ago
Senior Secretary Description The Senior Secretary will perform complex secretarial duties for the Department Chair by maintaining academic databases, preparing reports/proposals, travel authorizat...
Administrative Assistant, Lead College Of Engineering, Purdue University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Summary Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant to the Dean, the Administrative Assistant, Lead provides executive level support to the Dean of Engineering. Major responsibilities in...
Senior Executive/Assistant Manager (Hr), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 19 hours ago
Senior Executive/Assistant Manager (HR) - 009TL Description Administer HR‐related matters of the Non‐Acad and E&P staff in Dean’s Office and departments This includes staff confirmation, re‐appoin...
Administrative Assistant Iii, University of Central Florida, United States, about 9 hours ago
Position Details Position Number 38575 Class Title Administrative Assistant III Job Description General Responsibility: Provide Administrative support to the Dean’s office and the Office of Profes...
Office Administrative Assistant, University of Toronto, Canada, about 19 hours ago
Office Administrative Assistant Job Number : 1900338 Faculty / Division: Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering Department : Office of the Dean, Applied Science and Engineering Campus : St. Ge...