School of Medicine / ZSFG / Vice Dean’s Office
The Administrative Assistant III (AA III) serves as a first point of contact for the UCSF School of Medicine (SOM) Vice Dean’s Office located at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (ZSFG).
This critical position sets the tone for the office, specifically conveying our sense of professionalism, discretion, customer service standards, and warm welcome. This responsibility includes communicating with faculty, chairs, deans, and senior leaders within UCSF, Executive Leadership at ZSFG and the San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH), and foundation representatives. The AA III supports senior leadership and administrative operations team with responsibility for department-wide administrative needs such as document processing, licensure tracking, digital archiving, communications, data tracking and troubleshooting and other administrative tasks. The accuracy of work completed by this position directly impacts the Dean’s Office and the entire UCSF community at the hospital.
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE / VICE DEAN’S OFFICE AT ZSFG
The Vice Dean’s Office provides administrative leadership and support for 19 departments with over 2,500 UCSF personnel located at the hospital and 900 residents and fellows rotating through annually. UCSF at ZSFG is dedicated to advancing health worldwide through preeminent biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care, particularly in serving the public at San Francisco’s only level one trauma center.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• High School Diploma and four years of administrative experience
• Proficiency with Windows, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
• Intermediate Excel skills. Able to generate pivot tables and produce reports
• Extensive and proven experience in general administrative support in professional environment, including answering phones, scheduling calendars, coordinating meetings, processing reimbursements and planning events
• Excellent customer service skills, ability to show good judgement. Demonstrated ability and temperament to work discreetly with sensitive information and numerous individuals
• Accurate and dependable. Ability to take initiative for addressing questions and resolving problems every day. Ability to focus on results and complete work on deadline
• Demonstrated ability to work well with individuals within a culturally diverse environment
• Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and editing. Able to proof and catch potential typos, grammatical errors and data entry mistakes
• Ability to effectively respond to rapidly changing priorities and anticipate needs in advance of being asked
• Excellent time management skills. Ability to work within exact time frames in a complex, multi-task and challenging environment with attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize tasks in order of importance for self and office
• Resourceful, able to quickly adapt to last minute changes and problem solve to accommodate changes
Note: Physical/health screening required.
• One to two of years administrative experience in an academic / clinical environment
• Familiarity with UCSF campus and / or medical center organization and community
• Working knowledge of UC and / or UCSF experience
• Proficiency with Sequel database environment
Job Code and Payroll Title
4722 Administrative Assistant III
Monday - Friday, variable
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
America Reads Graduate Intern, University of San Francisco, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title: America Reads Graduate Intern Job Summary: Located in the Leo T. McCarthy Center for Public Service and the Common Good, Engage San Francisco is an intentional, systematic and transform...
Administrative Assistant, California College of the Arts, United States, about 13 hours ago
Administratively supports the Office of Student Life events, projects and initiatives. Administratively supports the range of needs of the Student Affairs Division. Manages the day-to-day operatio...
Associate Director Of Research & Assessment, University of San Francisco, United States, about 20 hours ago
Job Title: Associate Director of Research & Assessment Job Summary: The Associate Director will work closely with the Associate Vice Provost for Educational Effectiveness to support the assessment...
Assistant Professor Financial Econometrics, University of San Francisco, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title: Assistant Professor - Financial Econometrics Job Summary: University of San Francisco seeks Assistant Professor - Financial Econometrics in San Francisco, California. Full Job Descripti...
Dir Development Communications, University of San Francisco, United States, about 20 hours ago
Job Title: Dir Development Communications Job Summary: Position Summary: The Director of Development Communications drives the university’s marketing and communication strategy for the Office of D...
Senior Associate Athletic Director, Administration & Sport Performance, University of San Francisco, United States, about 20 hours ago
Job Title: Senior Associate Athletic Director, Administration & Sport Performance Job Summary: The Senior Associate Athletic Director reports directly to the Director of Athletics at the Universit...