University Advancement :
Job Code 199947
Full-time/ 40 hours/12 month
Clark University’s University Advancement Office seeks to fill the position of Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Executive Director of Alumni & Friends Engagement and the Clark Fund, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing organizational, administrative and clerical duties for the Alumni & Friends Engagement and Clark Fund offices.
The Administrative Assistant will oversee the operations and finances of both offices, schedule team and interdepartmental meetings, provide support to team members and assist with special projects.
The position requires an individual with a high level of initiative, exceptional organizational and communication skills, and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities-Included in a range of responsibilities, the Administrative Assistant will:
• Coordinate Executive Director’s calendar, travel and projects.
• Manage departmental budget; prepare and distribute meeting materials and minutes.
• Steward confidential and highly sensitive donor and volunteer information.
• Provide limited administrative support for other team members.
• Manage office space, technology, supplies, schedules and upkeep; greet visitors and answer inquiries by phone and email.
• Serve as point of contact for vendors and campus partners
• Assist with special projects.
• Interact frequently with alumni, parents, donors, University staff and students regarding various institutional priorities.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
• 2-5 years of prior experience in a similar administrative position, with demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and meet strict deadlines.
• Must be able to work independently to meet multiple time-sensitive deadlines.
• High level of initiative, exceptional organizational and communication skills, and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast paced environment.
• Strong basic mathematical skills to manage office budgets.
• Effectively steward confidential information and ensure sensitive data and donor information is handled with care.
• Demonstrated good judgement.
• Strong computer skills are required, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM technology.
• Ability to prepare reports and other documents, as needed.
• Respond to inquiries about projects and events.
• Become familiar with Clark’s academic and extracurricular programs – its students, faculty, volunteer leaders, alumni and others to help advance Clark’s mission and values.
• Occasional weekend and evening work, required.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to <firstname.lastname@example.org. > Applicants must reference Job code 199947 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
Associate Director For Early Career Development, Clark University, United States, 7 days ago
Clark University Associate Director for Early Career Development Job Code 190101 University Advancement Full-time, 12-months; 40 hours Clark University’s University Advancement Office seeks to fil...
Staff Assistant, Case Manager, Fitchburg State University, United States, 4 days ago
About Fitchburg State University: Fitchburg State University, located in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, is a public institution dedicated to integrating high-quality professional programs with strong l...
Executive Director, Information Technology Services Mount Wachusett Community College, Mount Wachusett Community College, United States, 20 days ago
Location: Gardner, MA Category: Administrative Posted On: Fri May 3 2019 Job Description: General Statement of Duties The Executive Director, ITS, is a self-motivated, hard-working, results ...
Project Coordinator, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, about 11 hours ago
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the direction of the Director or designee, the Project Coordinator I provides analysis and support for projects, administrative, and general operations. Responsi...
Staff Assistant, Case Manager, Fitchburg State University, United States, 21 days ago
For a complete job description and to apply, please visit our job site at http://jobs.fitchburgstate.edu General Statement of Duties: The Case Manager, under the direction of the Dean of Students,...
Proposal Manager / Specialist, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, about 11 hours ago
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the general direction of the Associate Director, Strategic Growth & Business Development, or designee, this individual will be responsible for preparing business...