Centenary University of New Jersey is seeking to fill the position of Administrative Assistant. The SPS Administrative Assistant will act as the first contact for all visitors at the Centenary University, Parsippany, New Jersey location.
Centenary University is a vibrant, growing and innovative independent, applied liberal arts University with a student body of over 2000 which includes students from 21 states and 13 foreign countries. Our main campus in Hackettstown, NJ is located in the heart of northwest New Jersey’s historic Skylands Region, about 50 miles from New York City and about 25 miles from Pennsylvania. Centenary is a private, co-educational and close-knit University community — an environment where every professor and staff member is invested in our students’ success. Our students pursue their academic interests in bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate and professional certificate programs. More than half of our full-time professors have earned their PhDs, and our faculty includes prestigious Fulbright Scholars.
With online, evening and accelerated courses, Centenary students have the flexibility to build their studies around their lives. Our diverse student body thrives in a demanding, yet collaborative learning environment. With a 17 to 1 student to faculty ratio, our professors know their students. They provide the individualized attention needed to ensure success — from academic support to career development, including internships with some of New Jersey’s top employers.
Centenary also upholds a tradition of promoting service to others as a critical component of higher education — a core principle since our founding in 1867 by the Newark Conference of the United Methodist Church. We develop professionals that employers desire, and leaders that communities need. Centenary University has entered its 150th year of providing high quality liberal arts and professional studies while helping students gain the skills and connections they need to prosper in today’s world.
Centenary University is proud of our comprehensive compensation and benefits package for employees.
- Answer phones and receive students, guests, mail, and packages;
- Coordinate with Facilities and IT. Schedule regular maintenance and visits;
- Assist in planning (and attend as required) special events such as open houses, workshops, honor society inductions, and other events;
- Serve as backup for academic support services, with regard to classroom readiness;
- Maintain and order inventory of office supplies and publications;
- Manage room reservation process for the Centenary University Parsippany campus;
- Enter information into CRM and data programs, run reports, provide data as requested;
- Track, maintain, and enter receipts for credit card and petty cash into Web Advisor;
- Assist with mailings required by SPS and/or enrollment staff;
- Work with the Director of Faculty Services to support adjuncts.
Specific responsibilities include issuing contracts, securing documentation required for hire, and providing logistical support with course related matters;
- Assist with management of schedule of all SPS classes;
- Handle Colleague-related functions for the department;
- Manage administration of Evaluation Kit for SPS courses;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word preferred;
- Knowledge of Outlook calendar;
- Knowledge of Office 365 Sharepoint product;
- One (1) to three (3) years of office/clerical experience;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills;
- Willingness to support all SPS functions.
Required: Associates Degree
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
24 hours per week, 4 days per week, Mon-Thu, 6 hours per day –12:30-6:30
The position is available immediately. The screening will continue until the position is filled. For full consideration application materials should be forwarded immediately. Salary for the position is competitive and dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Procedure for ApplicationApplications should include a cover letter, current resume and contact information of 3 references who can comment on the applicant’s ability to fulfill the duties of this position.
Assistant Professor Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program, Fairleigh Dickinson University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Posting Details Job Title: Assistant Professor Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program Campus: Florham Campus, Madison, NJ Department: School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences-Florham Hiring Manager:...
Assistant Professor Mathematics, Kean University, United States, about 4 hours ago
The New Jersey Center for Science, Technology & Mathematics at Kean University is seeking an Assistant Professor to teach core undergraduate coursework in mathematics, programming and statistics. ...
Land Steward/Caretaker/Naturalist: Franklin Lakes, Nj, NJ Audubon, United States, about 12 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyNJ AudubonLocationLorrimer Sanctuary, Franklin Lakes, NJJob CategoryPart Time VacanciesSalaryNone 20-25 hour...
Nature Camp Teacher Naturalist: Bernardsville, Nj, NJ Audubon, United States, about 12 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyNJ AudubonLocationBernardsville, NJJob CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalaryCommensurate with Experienc...
Associate Professor Of Public Health For Mph Online Program, Fairleigh Dickinson University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Posting Details Job Title: Associate Professor of Public Health for MPH Online Program Campus: Florham Campus, Madison, NJ Department: School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences-Florham Hiring Manager...
Coordinator Of Event Planning (Working Title: Coordinator Of Events And Facility Services), University of Mississippi, United States, about 2 hours ago
Note for Current UM Employees Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu Definition of Class The Coordinator of Events and Facilities Services position will provid...