Job TitleAdjunct Instructor-Literature & Languages
AgencyTexas A&M University - Commerce
DepartmentLiterature & Languages
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
APPLICANT: Before you apply please have all documents available to upload during the application process. See Instructions below.
MAJOR /ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF JOB;
- The successful applicant will teach within the required discipline (composition, literature, linguistics, creative writing, foreign languages, philosophy) at on-campus or off-campus sites or online as dictated by demand, hold office hours as required, and assist students as appropriate.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE;
- A terminal degree in the appropriate discipline or a closely related field is required to teach graduate coursework. A Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in the field is required to teach undergraduate courses. Requires the ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE;
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold current relevant professional credentials.
- College or university teaching experience.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Prior relevant industry experience.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT: During the application process you have only one opportunity to upload documents. The page "My Experience" has a boxed area labeled "Resume/CV" to drop or upload files. Here is where you are required to drop/upload the following:
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 references and their full contact information
- Transcripts (if a degree is required)
Applications submitted to Texas A&M University-Commerce must have all required documents provided by the applicant. Failure to provide a completed job application could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.