Job Description Summary
Saint Leo University is currently seeking qualified candidates to be cleared and added to our adjunct availability pool. Qualified applicants, transcripts, and materials will be reviewed and processed in preparation for assignment-based student enrollment needs for upcoming terms. Select adjuncts from the pool are contracted term-by-term based on course/section need and availability. Saint Leo University reserves the right to not schedule and/or cancel courses based on enrollment.
Applications are processed upon the receipt of all official transcripts while the posting is active.
A Doctorate degree in Psychology is required for this posting.
In addition to your curriculum vitae, the following documents are required for consideration. Please be sure to check the email under which you applied for important instructions on completing remaining steps, including uploading documents in the second step of the application packet process as follows:
- Cover Letter
- Values Statement - (500 words or less), should highlight how your philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University. Please include how your administrative practice fit if applying for a faculty administrative position. The University Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website under “about Saint Leo ”.
- Teaching Philosophy - (500 words or less), should highlight how your teaching philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation – All letters of recommendation should be professional references and at least one (1) from a recent superior. If you do not have those documents at the time of application, please upload a text or word document stating, "Recommendations will be sent independently." Recommendation letters can be mailed to Academic Affairs at the address stated below
- Student Evaluations (six classes minimum) – Student evaluations from the last year (at least six classes, an even mix of graduate and undergraduate).
- Teaching Certifications and Evidence – Teaching assignments specifically in the Education discipline require the following additional documents must be included and uploaded with your all-includes document file. (Education specific disciplines only – for other disciplines please upload a word document that states, “N/A does not apply).
- Teaching Certificate
- Evidence of clinical educator training
- Evidence of 60 hours of ESOL training
Official transcripts are required for all adjuncts and all final full-time faculty candidates
Official transcripts for Master, Graduate, and Doctorate degrees are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution. *
Transcripts that are “Issued to Student” or issued to another institution are not accepted. Digital and/or electronic transcripts cannot be accepted at this time.
World Education Services (WES) Evaluation – A certified evaluation and translation from World Education Services (WES) is required for foreign transcripts and/or any and all degrees obtained from international universities. Expenses for official transcripts are the responsibility of the applicant.
Please have transcripts and certified evaluations mailed to:
Saint Leo University
Academic Affairs MC 2006
Attn: Veronica Mantegna
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574
Full-time faculty positions are pending final budget approval prior to start of the academic year
Instructors will be responsible for teaching within the Graduate Psychology discipline:
- Graduate Psychology Courses
Adjuncts are required and agree to:
- Teach assigned courses as contracted.
- Provide all necessary information and teach materials as provided on the course syllabus.
- Submit final grades within three (3) days after the end of the term.
- Deliver in a professional manner course content for any assigned course(s) as specified by the master syllabus and/or as directed by the appropriate academic school dean, director, or chair.
- Meet all scheduled class meetings for the assigned period.
- Be available to students before and after class for individual consultation.
- Cooperate in the dissemination of information to students.
- Abide by and uphold University policies and core values.
- Carry out instructor duties and responsibilities as provided on the website, handbook(s), and policies.
Adjuncts are assigned to specific teaching locations and report to their location administrator as it pertains to daily operations as defined in the term-by-term contractual agreement, but ultimately have responsibility to their discipline specific department chair or director and/or school dean.
This posting requires a doctorate degree in Psychology and 18 graduate semester credit-hours in the discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
Communications/Public Relations, Undergraduate School Adjunct Faculty, University of Maryland University College, United States, 18 days ago
. Adjunct Faculty Communications/Public Relations UMUC Stateside The Undergraduate School Location: Online University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach, online ...
Orientation To Graduate Studies, Graduate School Adjunct Faculty, University of Maryland University College, United States, 2 days ago
. Adjunct Faculty Orientation to Graduate Studies Graduate Learning Initiatives The Graduate School Location: Online University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach...
Accounting, Undergraduate School Adjunct Faculty, University of Maryland University College, United States, 1 day ago
. Adjunct Faculty Accounting UMUC Stateside The Undergraduate School Locations: Shady Grove, MD or Online University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach, online a...
Collegiate Faculty, Nursing (Rn To Bsn), University of Maryland University College, United States, about 4 hours ago
. Collegiate Faculty, Nursing (RN-to-BSN) The Sciences Programs The Undergraduate School 12-Month Faculty, Regular, Full-Time Location: Remote; Washington, DC Metro Area preferred University of M...
Instructor I, General Education (Math) Online, West Coast University and American Career College, United States, 11 days ago
West Coast University (WCU) , a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals, is currently seeking an Instructor I for General Education - Online. This is an o...
Teaching Assistant In Business Online (Part Time), Strayer University, United States, 12 days ago
To create the optimal learning environment, the University relies on teaching assistants to support instructional faculty by interacting with students in online classrooms that have a large number...