Accounting Support Specialist CL3--Auxiliary Svcs Payroll (id:59952)
Auxiliary Services - OHOUS
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Position is available to employees of the Associated C.O.L.T. Staff of the University of Maine from 11/22/19 through 11/29/19 and open to external applicants thereafter.
Full-time, regular position, 40 hours per week, 5 days per week. Daily work hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Starting pay is $15.58/hour. This position is responsible for performing time-sensitive and complex administrative tasks relating to payroll for all of Auxiliary Services. Work involves considerable internal and external contacts, difficult non-routine tasks, and access to confidential information. Employee must interpret departmental and University wide policies and procedures, communicate them effectively, and carry them out appropriately. The person holding this position is designated as an essential employee, with Holidays, Snow Days, Weekend or Evening work frequently required.
- Processes confidential employee information
- Enters, updates, maintains, and ensures the accuracy of personnel data in a complex system of departmental records, reports and databases, including time management software
- Manages internal time management software for approximately 700+ employees and verifies its successful interface with, and subsequent processing in, University of Maine System software
- Monitors, and works with HR, Payroll, and Benefits to manage employee status changes such as new hires, terminations, retirements, family medical leave, disability leave, workers compensation, dual rates, and short work breaks
- Answers inquiries which involve interpretation of policies
- Formulates correspondence independently and as directed
- Processes all Department student authorizations, enforces hiring procedures, job titles, pay increases and student financial aid
- Advises managers and supervisors within Department on policy, procedure, accuracy, and timeliness of time management
- Responsible for developing a comprehensive training program for managers and supervisors within the Department for time management system
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
The University of Maine is a community of more than 11,200 undergraduate and graduate students, and 2,500 employees located on the Orono campus and throughout the state. UMaine is the state land and sea grant university and maintains a leadership role as the System’s flagship university. As a result, it is dedicated to providing excellent teaching, research, and service at the university, state, and national levels.
Further information about UMaine can be found at https://umaine.edu/
The University of Maine offers a wide range of benefits for employees including, but not limited to, tuition benefits (employee and dependent), comprehensive insurance coverage including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short and long term disability as well as retirement plan options. As a former NSF ADVANCE institution, the University of Maine is committed to diversity in our workforce and to dual-career couples.
UMaine is located in beautiful Central Maine. Many employees report that a primary reason for choosing to come to UMaine is quality of life. Numerous cultural activities, excellent public schools, safe neighborhoods, high quality medical care, little traffic, and a reasonable cost of living make the greater Bangor area a wonderful place to live.
Learn more about what the Bangor region has to offer here .
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail is imperative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are required to explain and enforce adherence to policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills are needed to manage a variety of tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Must be comfortable working with others as well as independently in a fast-paced, open-concept office environment.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, web-based software, and databases.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships that reflect courtesy, civility, and mutual respect.
- Builds productive relationships with internal and external constituencies.
- Utilizes coaching and mentoring methods which provide an environment that is anticipatory, supportive, and encourages constructive feedback on performance.
- Commits to organizational improvement by identifying opportunities to improve, and recommending possible alternatives for a situation.
- Experience working with and/or managing Payroll.
- Experience working in PeopleSoft.
- Experience working in and/or managing time-keeping software such as NovaTime.
Materials must be submitted via "Apply For Position" below. You will need to create a profile and application; upload:
1.) a cover letter which describes your experience, interests, and suitability for the position
2.) a resume/curriculum vitae
3.) contact information for three professional references
You will also need to submit the affirmative action survey, the self-identification of disability form, and the self-identification of veteran status forms. Incomplete application materials cannot be considered. Materials received after the initial review date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University.
Search Timeline is as follows:
Review of applicants to begin immediately
On-site interviews to begin no earlier than: December 9, 2019
Tentative start date: January 6, 2020
Appropriate background checks are required.
The University of Maine is an EEO/AA employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Amie Parker, Interim Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).
Fiscal Year (12 Months)
Cover Letter, References, Resume/CV
Assistant Professor Of Mathematics, Mathematics & Statistics, United States, 3 months ago
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Maine invites applications for a tenure-track, academic year position as Assistant Professor of Mathematics, expected to start Sep...
Lecturer, Mathematics & Statistics, United States, 2 months ago
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Maine invites applications for at least one nine-month, academic year appointment as Lecturer, expected to start September 1, 2020...
Computational Research Scientist, University of Virginia, United States, 2 months ago
The University of Virginia's Biocomplexity Institute and Initiative (BII) is seeking a Computational Scientist to analyze data and develop/maintain computational tools and software in support of a...