- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
The Accounting Coordinator will support the ICAP Cash Management Team with the monthly examination and review of each field office’s Field Finance Report (FFR) and supporting documentation and the processing of field office wire packages and expense journal entries relating to them. The Accounting Coordinator will assist the ICAP Cash Management team with audit and other special project requests.
- Supports the Cash Management Team with the monthly examination, review and monitoring of each field office’s Field Finance Report (FFR), transactions, supporting documentation and payment receipts to ensure accuracy, legitimacy, allowability and allocability of expenses as dictated by donor, Columbia University and ICAP guidelines and regulations and to ensure that the accounting is in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). 20%
- Performs monthly review of the Field Finance Report submitted by the local country office to ensure that the information recorded into the country offices' financial accounting books is in conjunction with the relevant supporting documentation. Monthly review will cover payroll, bank reconciliations, advance registers, balance sheet and profit and loss statement. 25%
- Confirms that expenditures are allocated to the correct sponsored projects and budget code. Reviews transactions for proper approvals, supporting documentation and compliance with donor rules and regulations, and Columbia University accounting policies. 5%
- Records the summarized version of the local office expenditures into the Columbia University accounting system by project account numbers and budget categories after review of Field Finance Report (FFR). Monitors the approval process of wire packages and expense journal entries up to final approval. 20%
- Interfaces with field office locations for requests for supporting documentation relating to expenditures and the monthly reporting. 15%
- Responds to audit requests from field office locations, Finance Teams and Mailman School of Public Health, including the review of transactions in QuickBooks for donor and University compliance on posted transactions ensuring that supporting documentation exists for audited transactions and is in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). 5%
- Supports the Cash Management Team in responding to other auditor requests. 5%
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.5%
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent in training and education plus a minimum of three years related experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively with varied internal clients
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook)
- 3 plus years of experience
- Experience in auditing strongly preferred
- Knowledge of US Government Rules and Regulations on Reporting and Expenses
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment, coupled with experience with international protocols, non-profit organizations or academic institutions is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Columbia University systems, ARC, ERP
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Associate Director, Administration, New York University, United States, 6 days ago
Reporting to the Director, the Associate Director for Administration is a key member of the leadership team with responsibility for establishing the administrative infrastructure to support the In...
Operations And Finance Coordinator Rochester, Ny, Cornell University, United States, 10 days ago
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Monroe County has an exciting full-time opening for an Operations Coordinator/Finance Assistant based out of Monroe County. This fast paced position will provide a...
Regional Support And Training Coordinator Warsaw, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Wyoming County has an opening for a full-time Regional Support and Training Coordinator for the Western Region Shared Business Network. The Regional Support and Tr...
Director Of Internal Communications, New York University, United States, 27 days ago
The Director of Internal Communications will develop and oversee strategic internal communications for all current undergraduate student populations. The Director will manage a small team dedicate...
Senior Career Development Coach, Graduate Student Career Development Services, New York University, United States, 29 days ago
NYU is an institution committed to diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity, and this role will engage with our representative work on a global scale. Work with students of all identities to en...
Assistant Administrator, Yeshiva University, United States, about 17 hours ago
This position provides administrative and operational support to the overall departmental administrator. List of Responsibilities : Financial Management Assist in managing accounts and budgets, i...