The Business and Finance Business Center seeks an Accountant who prepares accounting reports and statements (such as forecasts and variance analysis) and performs a broad scope of accounting functions including budgeting, purchasing and payroll activities to ensure business and financial integrity.
Finance & Accounting
B&F Business Ctr Acctg
EVP BUSINESS & FINANCE
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$50,000 per year
- Reviews monthly financial reports.
- Performs payroll and purchasing card reconciliations.
- Prepares standard accounting reports and statements and also non-standard reports and statements, such as detailed cost and financial analysis, forecasts and projections reflecting interrelationships of accounting data.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of special accounting studies.
- Prepares annual audit schedules.
- Interprets data and points out trends or deviations from standard.
- Identifies informational needs of management and revises or refines account structures or data accordingly.
- Prepares intricate journal entries, maintains complex ledgers, prepares detailed cost accounting information, and reconciles and analyzes reports and ledgers.
- Decides proper handling of financial transactions; approves transactions within designated limits.
- Provides solutions to problems presented by lower level staff and recommends changes to accounting system, methods or procedures to management, utilizing knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Interprets accounting data, analyzes reports and recommends action to be taken.
- Conducts monthly reviews with university departments to assess internal controls; prepares spreadsheets using Excel.
- Advises and counsels on complex accounting matters to department and/or university staff to ensure compliance with university policy and procedures and GAAP. Implements changes in procedures affecting assigned function.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and university regulations.
- Reviews computer reports for errors or inconsistencies; investigates and corrects problem.
- Orders payment, billings and transfer documents using the university's on-line financial system.
- Keeps informed by researching and evaluating appropriate professional and related legal literature as assigned.
- Provides training to campus users as required.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field AND one (1) year of professional accounting experience; OR, Five (5) years professional accounting experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Experience in preparing detailed financial reports and statements.
- Experience in financial variance analysis.
- Experience in using database software.
- Experience in using Excel.
- Experience in utilizing accounting software and performing account reconciliations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP and accounting principles.
- Experience in answering complex questions via email and telephone.
- Work in an office setting and use office equipment (i.e., computers, printers, copiers, calculators, telephones).
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time and travel moderate distances to perform work.
- Communicate to perform essential duties.
- Read-interpret written and oral instructions/directions.
- May require lifting of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work from campus location.
Financial Services serves the university community in a professional, accessible, customer focused, efficient and innovative manner by timely processing financial transactions and providing accounting, financial management reporting, financial system training and treasury management services.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU Financial Services will not be a sponsor for this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Director Of Finance And Accounting (Job Id #152046), University of Illinois, United States, about 3 hours ago
Director of Finance and Accounting (Job ID #152046) College of Medicine Rockford/Accounting 10/29/2021 Description: The Director of Finance and Accounting provides essential financial reporting an...
Assistant Director, Grants Accounting, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 18 days ago
Position: Assistant Director, Grants Accounting Reports to: Senior Director, Accounts Receivables and Revenues Purpose: Under the supervision of the director of external funds, the holder of thi...
Controller, Adler University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Description Under the general guidance of the AVP, Finance – Planning & Budgeting, the Controller is responsible for overseeing all accounting activities of the university including financial comp...
Director, Budget, Planning And Analysis, Brown University, United States, 20 days ago
Job Description: Reporting directly to the AVP for Financial Strategy and Planning, the Director of Budget, Planning and Analysis manages the work of the 3-5-person Central Budget Office and is re...
Senior Finance Officer, McGill University, Canada, 25 days ago
Position Summary: Reporting to the Controller, the incumbent supports the unit’s operations, while ensuring compliance with policies and regulations as they relate to financial reporting of restri...
Faculty Research Finance Admin, McGill University, Canada, 18 days ago
This posting is for a one-year term position in the Finance department of the Faculty of Engineering. Position Summary: Provide financial and accounting services centrally, or in a Faculty/departm...