If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
Where Excellence Meets Purpose
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
CORE JOB SUMMARY
Under the supervision of the Director of Access, the Access Analyst will work with clinics, departments, UHealth Connect, and UHealth IT to support projects around scheduling process optimization, standardization, and documentation that will enable efficient provider scheduling across the organization. This includes monitoring provider templates and scheduling algorithms for all ambulatory access departments.
Specifically, this position will assist in the design recommendations for scheduling protocols entered into the system and create scheduling solutions for departments in alignment with organizational goals of standardization for ease of patient access. In addition, this position will develop and monitor provider schedules to ensure the organization maximizes template efficiency, productivity, access opportunities and meets operational needs.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum of two years of relevant experience working within ambulatory clinic operations and/or process improvement experience.
Preferred: Epic Cadence Knowledge
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Access, Word, Visio, and database management
- Ability to learn computer and application skills as applicable to role specifically the Cadence application within Epic quickly
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Ability to analyze and evaluate operational activities, make comprehensive studies and evaluations, and prepare detailed reports, dashboards, and communications
- Professional communication skills, verbal and written
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Job Status:Full time