Location: New York, New York
Medical - Clinical
Internal Number: 4605031
Academic Program Specialist
Title: Academic Program Specialist
Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: General Internal Medicine
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $30.00 - $40.00
*As required under NYC Human Rights Law Int 1208-2018 - Salary range for this role when Hired for NYC Offices
Under general supervision, provides administrative support to activities related to various academic programs and appointments
- Responsible for the processing of all faculty and non-faculty academic appointments, reappointments, promotions and/or terminations within the Medical College and NYPH.
- Compiles appointment enrollment packages for candidates, liaises with the Office of Faculty Affairs and Medical Staff Office and follows up to ensure timely submission of paperwork.
- Coordinates and prepares visa/immigration paperwork. Serves as primary liaison to HR's Immigration Office and/or immigration attorneys. Stays abreast of visitor (B), training (J-1) and work (H1B or O) visas or permanent residency policies and laws.
- Ensures professional licensing is obtained and maintained for residents and faculty.
- Ensures that the department's educational/training program(s) are in compliance with ACGME guidelines. Prepares documentation and recommendations to ensure favorable judgments on audits, re-accreditation and re-certification criteria.
- Generates reports for analysis.
- Prepares, maintains and/or distributes rotation and on-call schedules for fellows, attendings, medical residents and/or students as needed.
- Coordinates the application, recruitment, selection and/or onboarding processes for departmental educational/trainee program(s). May need to contact applicants for missing or incomplete application information.
- Coordinates the administrative functions of Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs. Gathers and facilitates information for continued accreditation. May work with internal and external marketing entities to promote CME activities.
- Coordinates processes surrounding student elective programs. Assists with eligibility, registration, scheduling and/or the expansion and creation of new elective courses.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory audits/inspections and/or internal reviews. Develops and recommends corrective action plans to address deficiencies identified. May serve as liaison to audit team(s) during on-site visits.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Ensures that facilities and equipment are in optimal and proper working condition. Coordinates preventative maintenance and repairs as needed. May perform minor repairs if qualified and as needed. May advise on upgrades for performance enhancements.
- Coordinates calendars and schedules appointments and meetings. Prioritizes requests for meetings and coordinates the necessary arrangements for meetings.
- Initiates and prepares written correspondence as needed and based on functional needs.
- Answers phones, responds to inquiries and triages calls to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for travel and conference arrangements. Organizes itinerary, makes appropriate reservations for travel and accommodations.
- High School Diploma
Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Approximately 2 years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- ACGME fellowship experience.
- Experience with academic appointments.
Standard office work
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that is committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians and scientists in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists - faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization - are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Westchester Behavioral Health Center, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Weill Cornell Medicine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
To apply, visit https://jobs.weill.cornell.edu/NY/job/New-York-Academic-Program-Specialist-NY-10021/1076492500/
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Weill Cornell Medicine
Weill Cornell Medicine is a global healthcare leader known for the world-class patient care, cutting-edge research and top-ranked education. Every day, the employees of Weill Cornell Medicine improve lives across the city and around the globe. They help patients stay well, and our benefits and programs aim to help our employees and their families stay well by supporting their physical, financial, and professional health.
Connections working at Weill Cornell Medicine
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
Director, Center For Cancer Immunology, Cornell University, United States, about 1 hour ago
Director, Center for Cancer Immunology Director Center for Cancer Immunology Cornell University, Ithaca, NY Cornell University, Ithaca, seeks a Director of a new Cornell Center for Cancer Immunolo...
Tenure Track Faculty Position In Biomedical Engineering, Cornell University, Cornell University, United States, about 1 hour ago
Tenure Track Faculty Position in Biomedical Engineering, Cornell University Tenure Track Faculty Position in Biomedical Engineering, Cornell University The Nancy E. and Peter C. Meinig School of B...
Assistant Professor Of Pediatrics At Cumc , Columbia University, United States, 23 days ago
This opportunity to join the Department of Pediatrics at the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons at the rank of Instructor is an exciting one. Columbia University Irving Medical Center, one...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Columbia University, United States, 15 days ago
Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons is seeking a highly motivated and Postdoctoral Researcher with a strong background in Computer Science and Machine Learning for the P...
Tenure Track Clinical Pathology Faculty Position, Cornell University, United States, about 1 hour ago
Tenure-Track Clinical Pathology Faculty Position The Department of Population Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences (PMDS) at the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) invites applic...
Clinical Track In Wildlife Medicine, Cornell University, United States, about 1 hour ago
Clinical Track in Wildlife Medicine The Department of Clinical Sciences in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Cornell University invites applications for a clinical track faculty position in Wi...