The purpose of the Academic Program Administrator is to oversee the academic and financial workflow of the entire Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology Program office which includes supervising the program staff. This position reports directly to the Administrative Manager for the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate work efforts and supervise two full-time Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology staff
- Conduct interviews and make recommendations for hiring staff
- Oversee staff termination process
- Hold bi-weekly meetings with each staff member and/or regular staff meetings as needed
- Train staff on new policies, procedures, and online resources; support training and development efforts through TMOD
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and make recommendations for merit increases
- Supervise time and attendance
- Establish policies and procedures as needed for the staff
- Fulfill administrative needs for both of the Directors of Undergraduate Study (DUS) as well as the Chairs of the Neuroscience, Behavioral Biology, and BS/MS Programs
- Meet bi-monthly with the Neuroscience Program Committee and the Behavioral Biology Program Committee; organize the agenda and complete meeting minutes
- Communicate regularly with the Neuroscience Program Committee and the Behavioral Biology Program Committee on curriculum issues, students issues, etc
- Serve as the sole administrative contact for both internal and external program inquires for both programs including national organizations and peer institutions
- Serve as a liaison between the Medical School Campus and the Homewood Campus
- Oversee the Neuroscience BS/MS Program from application process through graduation (approximately 7-10 students)
- Compile information for reports and other sources of information for all 3 programs
- Act as the one of the advisors for the Nu Rho Psi (NRP) Honor Society
- Oversee Departmental Honors for the Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology majors and NRP Honors for graduating students
- Act as a backup to the DUS for signing academic forms as needed
- Assist the Psychological and Brain Sciences Administrative Manager with faculty new hires, appointments, and reappointments
Budget and Financial Administration
- Develop and reconcile the operating budgets for the Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology Programs
- Develop, reconcile, and coordinate stewardship for specific programming budgets (including the budgets for Making Neuroscience Fun, Nu Rho Psi Honor Society, and all endowment and award budgets)
- Compile ad hoc financial reports for the programs as needed
Assistant Professor Of Computer Science, Manhattan College, United States, about 7 hours ago
The Department of Computer Science at Manhattan College invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor opposition, beginning fall 2018. The candidate should be able to teach a broad r...
Assistant Professor Of Mathematics, Manhattan College, United States, 15 days ago
Section I: Scope The Department of Mathematics at Manhattan College seeks a committed teacher-scholar with a Ph.D. in the mathematical sciences to fill a tenure-track position at the Assistant Pro...
Visiting Assistant Professor, Manhattan College, United States, about 7 hours ago
Section I: Scope The Department of Mathematics at Manhattan College seeks a committed teacher-scholar with a Ph.D. in the mathematical sciences for a full time position at the Visiting Assistant ...