Under the direct supervision of the Academic Personnel Manager, assist with managing the flow of academic documents for the Division of Hematology-Oncology including assisting with dossier preparation, inclusive of drafting letters, editing dossier documents, submitting completed applications, and follow-up to ensure successful submission. Write organized, logical, clear, and professional email and other correspondences. Assist with dossiers processing of Professorial, In-Residence, Adjunct, Clinical X, Health Sciences, including appointments, merits, and promotions (including other peripheral academic titles). Assist with coordination of divisional Academic Career Planning Conferences or Salary Negotiation meetings; assist as liaison between Departmental Academic Personnel Office, Finance Office, and School of Medicine’s Academic Personnel Office, be aware and able to follow Academic Personnel policy and procedure in compliance with Academic Personnel Manual guidelines, The CALL, and Dean’s Office APO. Coordinate various monthly Daylighting and Moonlighting shift schedules, responsible for collecting moonlighting shifts from Fellows, Residents, and/or Hospitalists and submitting to Department of Medicine for payment. Coordinate on a monthly basis vacation and sick reporting with Divisional Clinic Managers for Hem-Onc Faculty, Other Academics, and Post Docs. Submit monthly vacation/sick report to Department Academic Compensation team for processing. Maintain filing system for all Divisional Academic Personnel related documents.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
• Knowledge of academic dossier preparation.
• Knowledge of computer programs provided by the Department for use in preparation of spreadsheets, reports, worksheets.
• Mathematical skills to include computing ratios, rates, and percentages.
• Skill in using a personal computer and computer software such as Excel, Word, Microsoft Mail.
• Must have excellent writing skills while drafting correspondences and letters; ability to write in a clear concise in comprehensive matter.
• Skill in oral communication on an informal, one-on-one basis, to convey with accuracy and clarity, policies and procedures relating to academic personnel matters.
• Skill in prioritizing assignments when faced with a heavy workload and changing deadlines.
• Ability to work under the pressure of frequent interruptions and distractions, and changing demands and deadlines of various projects.
• Ability to organize and manipulate a large quantity of data.
• Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with Directors, Managers, faculty, fellows, research nurses and other Division staff, Hospital, University, Clinics, and community Oncology practices in order to solve problems and expedite document processing.
Research Associate I Wang Lab, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 22 days ago
Requisition # HRC0587648 Join Dr. Shaomei Wang and their research group as a Research Associate I in the Cedars-Sinai Regenerative Medicine Institute! The Wang Laboratory at the Cedars-Sinai Regen...
Research Associate I Svendsen Lab, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 29 days ago
Requisition # HRC0578466 Join Dr. Clive Svendsen and his research group as a Research Associate I in the Cedars-Sinai Regenerative Medicine Institute! The Svendsen Laboratory at Cedars-Sinai Medic...
Assistant Vice Provost, Student Engagement Operations, University of Southern California, United States, 25 days ago
The Assistant Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Student Engagement Operations serves as a senior leader for USC Student Affairs and provides vision and leadership in the development and administra...
Postdoctoral Fellow Precision Oncology Of Gastrointestinal Cancers , City of Hope, United States, about 16 hours ago
About City of Hope City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life...
Research Associate Ii (Computational Research Experience) Anastassiou Lab Department Of Neurosurgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 4 days ago
Requisition # HRC0599837 When you join Cedars-Sinai, you become part of a team that is at the forefront of medical advancements and life-saving medical and scientific breakthroughs. Cedars-Sinai i...
Research Associate I Per Diem Han Lab, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 17 days ago
Requisition # HRC0372800C When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness,...