Campus: Downtown Phoenix
Academic Facilities Specialist
The Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts is seeking an Academic Facilities Specialist to coordinate the facilities functions related to the Fusion on First academic facility and programs on the Downtown Phoenix campus. These functions include but are not limited to coordination of key assignments and ISAAC system access for classrooms, studios, and offices; coordinating moves and building maintenance; making regular rounds and reporting security issues; coordinating with custodial crew to maintain cleanliness, and other functions as designated by the Facilities Manager and unit representatives.
This position will be scheduled regular business hours (8am-5pm/M-F); with the ability to work flexible shifts to support events, students and faculty when needed.
Building & Equipment Maint
Herberger Inst Design & Arts
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
Depends on experience
- Working with representatives for each unit housed at Fusion on First and the HIDA Facilities Manager, other employees, students, or alone as needed:
- Works closely with unit and university administration to coordinate all departmental facilities activities to ensure adherence with college and university policies, practices and regulations.
- Collaborates with IT and building staff in providing technical support for classroom technology and other internal and external partners using the spaces (lobby/flip kitchen), and other building systems as necessary.
- Performs clerical functions with personal computer and appropriate software for all activities associated with issuing keys, assigning codes for combination locks, activating ISAAC card access, and recording deposits.
- Maintains detailed databases with appropriate software for room assignments, key information, issued codes, and card activations.
- Works with ASU Police and Phoenix Police Department to coordinate on issues of building security.
- Acts as an ASU Environmental Health and Safety Compliance Officer.
- Works closely with unit administrator and other designated individuals to resolve any issues regarding space assignments and access.
- Participates in a variety of departmental meetings to represent space assignments and security issues and ensure all policies and processes are adhered to.
- Reports building maintenance problems and related issues to FACMAN and coordinates repairs and resolution.
- Supervises welcome desk student workers when needed, assigning work projects and setting schedules.
- Assists with setup and supervision of special events as needed.
- Receives and delivers packages to building occupants as needed.
- Coordinates purchase, repair and replacement of office and classroom furniture.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure continual efficient operations of department to meet customer service needs
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND two (2) years of related experience; OR, Seven (7) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state and regulatory requirements, laws and standards.
- Knowledge of quality customer service standards, methods and practices.
- Knowledge of basic facilities practices, regulations and standards.
- Experience in planning, analyzing and establishing priorities.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Evidence of effective communication.
- Experience in working effectively in an environment subject to quickly changing priorities, sensitive/confidential information and short deadlines.
- Experience in developing and maintaining cooperative working relationships both within and across organizational areas.
- Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution's sustainability programs.
- Experience in working effectively and collaboratively with faculty and staff.
- Varies day to day but will include activities performed in office, classroom, and public spaces, subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds.
- Receiving and delivery of packages, walking or driving to other ASU buildings or locations as needed; moving furniture on furniture dollies; working with hand tools to take apart and assemble furniture when needed; meeting and communicating with ASU staff, faculty, and students in person as well as over the phone and by email.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals, and electric cart.
- Might require to wear ear protection
- Possible contact with hazardous materials
The Herberger Institute comprises the School of Art; School of Arts, Media and Engineering; The Sidney Poitier New American Film School; School of Music, Dance and Theatre; The Design School; and the ASU Art Museum. With 130 degree and certificate options, and programs ranked top 20 in art, design, music, theatre, digital culture, film, dance and more, plus a top university art museum, a leading immersive media facility, and national and international partnerships, the Herberger Institute is a powerhouse of art, culture and design.
Our mission is to position designers, artists, scholars and educators at the center of public life and prepare them to use their creative capacities to advance culture, build community and imaginatively address today’s most pressing challenges.
The vision of the Herberger Institute is to advance the New American University by embedding designers, artists and arts-based inquiry at its core and throughout the communities it serves locally, nationally and internationally. With 7,000+ students, mare than 700 faculty members, and 130 program options, the Herberger Institute is committed to redefining the 21st-century design and arts school.
As part of Arizona State University, the most innovative university in the nation, the Herberger Institute seeks to drive and scale new ways for arts and design to have impact in our world. We invite you to join our work.
- Creativity as a core 21st-century competency
- Design and the arts as critical resources for transforming our society
- Innovation, enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary collaboration and research
- Social embeddedness
- Projecting all voices
Why work @ASU - https://cfo.asu.edu/why-work-asu
Total compensation at ASU is defined as more than the salary paid for the valuable work performed to support the success of our ASU students. It includes:
- Salary and wages paid
- Comprehensive package of affordable benefit plans and programs
- Access to world-class educational opportunities at deeply discounted rates
- ASU's total compensation estimator shows the approximate value of your overall compensation
ASU is a diverse enterprise with a wide variety of work and learning modes, locations and a commitment to sustainability, innovation and employee work-life balance. We are determined to maintain our position as an employer of choice in a competitive labor market.
Flexible work options (after 3 months of service with the Herberger Institute, contingent on the need of the Unit/School and performance)
• Alternative work schedules can include four, 10-hour workdays in a workweek; a nine-day, 80-hour schedule over two workweeks for exempt employees only; and staggered start and stop times.
• Hybrid work is an arrangement where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location. Dean or vice president-level approval is required.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Global Professor (China/Vietnam) (Multiple Positions), The University of Arizona, United States, 1 day ago
Sign In Create Profile Global Professor (China/Vietnam) (Multiple Positions) United States | req13741 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Global Professor (China/Vietnam) (Multiple Positions) ...
Senior Clinical Research Manager (Tucson Or Phoenix, Az), The University of Arizona, United States, 24 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Senior Clinical Research Manager (Tucson or Phoenix, AZ) 2 Locations Available | req13853 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Job available in these locations: Phoenix, ...
Housekeeper, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 3 days ago
Department: Environmental Services - UH FTE: 2.00 Full Time Shift: Days Position Summary: Clean and services building areas. Perform a variety of environmental services duties in order to maintai...
Trade Helper (Downtown)Summer, McGill University, Canada, about 21 hours ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Campus Care Assistant Auckland, Massey University, New Zealand, 3 days ago
Campus Services - AK University Services Auckland US_CSAK_343_03/23 Professional Grade 3 44736 - 59300 University Services Term length: ongoing Hours of work: full-time Position Overview The Campu...
Campus Care Assistant Wellington, Massey University, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Campus Services - WG University Services Wellington US_CSWG_326_02/23 Professional Grade 3 44736 - 59300 University Services Term length: ongoing Hours of work: full-time Position Overview The Cam...