|Academic Affairs Strategic Business Partner|
|0593 Academic HR Analyst V|
|Human Resources / Academic Affairs|
|Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
| JOB OVERVIEW|
The Academic Affairs Strategic Business Partner is a new role at UCSF. Reporting to the Director of Academic Affairs in the Vice Provost Academic Affairs (VPAA) office, this position has direct responsibility to the Schools of Dentistry, Nursing, and Pharmacy as a strategic business partner for academic personnel issues. Combined, these three professional schools have six unique health sciences compensation plans (HSCP) and approximately 690 faculty, 120 non-faculty academics, and 900 volunteer clinical faculty. The individual must learn the unique school-level interpretation of policies (e.g. HSCP), practices and culture, and leverage knowledge transfer and collaboration across schools to solve common issues. The individual will be a recognized functional expert who utilizes comprehensive and in-depth academic human resources expertise, and develops management tools to analyze data for multiple sources, in order to provide guidance and recommendation to the Schools and their leadership. The individual is expected to demonstrate a broad view, understanding, and approach on policy matters and to develop strategic partnerships with Departments, HR Shared Services and the VPAA.
VICE PROVOST-ACADEMIC AFFAIRS / FACULTY DEVELOPMENT AND ADVANCEMENT
The Office of the Vice Provost-Academic Affairs (VPAA) and Faculty Development and Advancement facilitates the recruitment, development, mentoring, and retention of the highest caliber diverse faculty. The VPAA Office provides leadership, training, and guidance in the development and implementation of the policies and procedures relating to academic personnel.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
| • Bachelor's degree with eight or more years of progressively more responsible experience in a related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience|
• Expert knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply system wide and organization policies and procedures which govern academic Human Resources (HR)
• Sensitivity to the diverse perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization, as well as various external institutions and agencies
• Creativity and flexibility in approaching unique problems, as well as an understanding of the wider organization and university context in which these problems must be addressed
• Ability to analyze highly sensitive and complex management issues; develop project scope and solutions; provide professional advice to organization executives and other senior officials; make critical decisions and effective recommendations
• Demonstrated leadership, initiative, tact, and planning skills
• Ability to communicate complex information effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing, with diverse audiences throughout the organizational community
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems in an innovative way
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills and the ability to independently establish and implement priorities
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and communicate applicable University and governmental policies and regulations to departmental and ORU leaders, managers, and faculty members
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, colleagues within the Schools, campus leaders, and University leaders
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required. Effective March 13, 2017, all final candidate(s) for employment are required to undergo a background check.
| • Advanced degree in an applicable field (e.g. MBA, JD)|
• Thorough and broad knowledge of organization and School goals, priorities, and values, and the legal and human implications of decisions
• Experience in a complex organization that has research, teaching, and clinical missions
• Management or leadership experience in an academic and/or healthcare institution
|The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.|
Complaint Resolution Officers, University of California, United States, about 3 hours ago
Req Number 48497BR Job Title Complaint Resolution Officers Job Code and Payroll Title 6061 Ethics and Compliance Professional IV Location Laurel Heights Department Name Prevention of Harassme...
Student Engagement/Education Manager (7398 U) #24156, University of California, United States, about 9 hours ago
Job Description Job Title: Student Engagement/Education Manager (7398U) #24156 Job ID: 24156 Location: Main Campus-Berkeley Full/Part Time: Full-Time Department Arts and Design Initiative Regular/...
Talent Acquisition Specialist, University of California, United States, about 3 hours ago
Req Number 48426BR Job Title Talent Acquisition Specialist Job Code and Payroll Title 7748 Employment Representative III Location Laurel Heights Department Name HR Specialty Center Work Days ...
Associate Vice President For Academic Resources, The California State University, United States, 1 day ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 110.17 Job Title: Associate Vice President for Academic Resources Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: November 22, 2017 Closing Date: Open until filled Link to Apply On...
Program Nurse Manager, University of California, United States, 5 days ago
Req Number 48446BR Job Title Program Nurse Manager Job Code and Payroll Title 6474 Ambulatory Care Patient Manager I Location UCSF Parnassus Department Name Helen Diller Family Comprehensive ...
Manager, Som Research Programs, University of California, United States, about 3 hours ago
Req Number 48507BR Job Title Manager, SOM Research Programs Job Code and Payroll Title 7398 Project Policy Analyst III Location Mission Bay and Parnassus Department Name School of Medicine / ...