|Academic Affairs Strategic Business Partner|
|0593 Academic HR Analyst V|
|Human Resources / Academic Affairs|
|Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
| JOB OVERVIEW|
The Academic Affairs Strategic Business Partner is a new role at UCSF. Reporting to the Director of Academic Affairs in the Vice Provost Academic Affairs (VPAA) office, this position has direct responsibility to the Schools of Dentistry, Nursing, and Pharmacy as a strategic business partner for academic personnel issues. Combined, these three professional schools have six unique health sciences compensation plans (HSCP) and approximately 690 faculty, 120 non-faculty academics, and 900 volunteer clinical faculty. The individual must learn the unique school-level interpretation of policies (e.g. HSCP), practices and culture, and leverage knowledge transfer and collaboration across schools to solve common issues. The individual will be a recognized functional expert who utilizes comprehensive and in-depth academic human resources expertise, and develops management tools to analyze data for multiple sources, in order to provide guidance and recommendation to the Schools and their leadership. The individual is expected to demonstrate a broad view, understanding, and approach on policy matters and to develop strategic partnerships with Departments, HR Shared Services and the VPAA.
VICE PROVOST-ACADEMIC AFFAIRS / FACULTY DEVELOPMENT AND ADVANCEMENT
The Office of the Vice Provost-Academic Affairs (VPAA) and Faculty Development and Advancement facilitates the recruitment, development, mentoring, and retention of the highest caliber diverse faculty. The VPAA Office provides leadership, training, and guidance in the development and implementation of the policies and procedures relating to academic personnel.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
| • Bachelor's degree with eight or more years of progressively more responsible experience in a related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience|
• Expert knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply system wide and organization policies and procedures which govern academic Human Resources (HR)
• Sensitivity to the diverse perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization, as well as various external institutions and agencies
• Creativity and flexibility in approaching unique problems, as well as an understanding of the wider organization and university context in which these problems must be addressed
• Ability to analyze highly sensitive and complex management issues; develop project scope and solutions; provide professional advice to organization executives and other senior officials; make critical decisions and effective recommendations
• Demonstrated leadership, initiative, tact, and planning skills
• Ability to communicate complex information effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing, with diverse audiences throughout the organizational community
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems in an innovative way
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills and the ability to independently establish and implement priorities
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and communicate applicable University and governmental policies and regulations to departmental and ORU leaders, managers, and faculty members
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, colleagues within the Schools, campus leaders, and University leaders
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required. Effective March 13, 2017, all final candidate(s) for employment are required to undergo a background check.
| • Advanced degree in an applicable field (e.g. MBA, JD)|
• Thorough and broad knowledge of organization and School goals, priorities, and values, and the legal and human implications of decisions
• Experience in a complex organization that has research, teaching, and clinical missions
• Management or leadership experience in an academic and/or healthcare institution
|The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.|
Senior Associate Director Of Undergraduate Admission For Transfer Initiatives, University of San Francisco, United States, 3 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Requisition Number 2018-1541Staff Job Title Senior Associate Director of Undergraduate Admission for Transfer Initiatives Job Location Main Campus - Hilltop Sa...
Program Administrator, Berkeley Law (7376 U) #25079, University of California, United States, 9 days ago
Administers a defined operational program or activities which may include some of the following functions: business services, finance, facilities, space planning, student services, human resources...
Senior Associate Dean, University of San Francisco, United States, about 8 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Requisition Number 2018-1461Staff Job Title Senior Associate Dean Job Location Main Campus - Hilltop Salary Type Exempt Minimum Hire-In Rate (for OPE positions...
Assistant Dean Of Finance School Of Optometry (0547 U) #25065, University of California, United States, 9 days ago
The Assistant Dean of Finance is a member of the dean’s staff and reports directly to the Senior Assistant Dean & Chief Operating Officer. The Assistant Dean of Finance is a key strategic advisor...
Associate Vice President For Student Life & Dean Of Students, The California State University, United States, about 15 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 9870 Job Title: Associate Vice President for Student Life & Dean of Students Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: June 4, 2018 Closing Date: Open until filled Link to Ap...
Assistant Director, Graduate Admissions, University of San Francisco, United States, about 8 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Requisition Number 2018-1532Staff Job Title Assistant Director, Graduate Admissions Job Location Main Campus - Hilltop Salary Type Exempt Minimum Hire-In Rate ...