Location: Chicago, Illinois
Internal Number: JR21756
Location: Chicago, IL
- Executes, maintains, and proactively supports Human Resources initiatives to meet operational, organizational, and strategic goals and objectives for the Office of the Provost.
- Develops, implements, and oversees HRIS data management activities, including Workday and corresponding processes.
- Serves as the in-house expert for multiple human resources data and records platforms utilized by the University and maintains accuracy of the data.
- Manages appointment review for Other Academic Appointees (OAAs) including associates, visiting scholars, external post-doctoral researchers (EPR), external academic research scientist (EARS â“ in the Biological Sciences Division only), post-doctoral fellows (PDF) and PDF paid directs; and serves as the primary point of contact for information related to pay, benefits, and other questions.
- Responsible for the verification of employment requests for all faculty and academics, including mortgage loan and student loan forgiveness forms.
- Enters and audits employment transactions, such as applicant data, new hires, rehires, status changes, pay rate changes, and terminations into the ADP HR system.
- Completes and submits one time payments through the Universityâ™s HRIS system.
- Provides direct support and troubleshooting assistance on routine questions and use of Interfolio (the academic recruitment; review, promotion, and tenure (RPT); and academic career (Search) modules).
- Partners with the Office of the Provost team and Central HR to support staff hiring processes, including developing and formatting job descriptions, creating positions and managing next steps in Workday, I-9 documentation authentication, maintaining employment verification records, and assisting with new employee orientation.
- Runs reports from Workday to support job analysis, annual compensation process, budgetary decisions, and ad hoc projects.
- Maintains knowledge of all legal and University Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Builds credible relationships across the organization to help facilitate communications, problem solving, and solution-based outcomes.
- Proactively alerts the area supervisor(s) to potential HR issues and advises on solutions.
- Proactively addresses projects.
- Assists with managing the day-to-day operations of faculty affair programs with a moderate level of guidance.
- Serves as a resource for program information. Resolves problems or questions referred by program staff, University administrators, or other contingencies.
- May process job postings for faculty and other academic appointments.
- Performs other related work as needed.
- Bachelorâ™s degree in related field.
- Two or more years of progressive relevant experience.
- Experience in human resources.
- Experience in a University, clinical, or a not-for-profit setting.
- PHR / SPHR / SHRM-CP / SHRM-SCP.
Technical Skills or Knowledge:
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Outlook, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working with human resources information systems (HRIS) and applicant tracking systems, such as Workday and Interfolio.
- Familiarity with meeting and messaging software and applications such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Working knowledge of relevant federal, state, and municipal employment laws and regulations, including those related to EEO/AA; FLSA; FMLA; ADA; and OSHA.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information, exercise discretion, and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and handle multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and examine application requirements, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Work effectively under considerable time pressure on high visibility, high stakes projects with minimal supervision.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with central administration within a complex research university environment.
- Knowledge of higher education and the University of Chicago.
- Client-facing work experience.
- Office environment.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Sit at a computer for 4-6 hours.
- Periodic walking to other campus locations.
- Option for hybrid work.
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (preferred)
- References Contact Information (3)(required)
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.
Connections working at University of Chicago (UC)
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
Gynecologic Pathologists #Pat034 , The University of Chicago, United States, 29 days ago
The University of Chicago Academic Jobs Gynecologic Pathologists #PAT034 Department of Pathology, Biological Sciences Division Position Type: Faculty Chicago, IL Aug 30, 2023 Description The Unive...
Head And Neck, Surgical Pathology Faculty #Pat032 , The University of Chicago, United States, 29 days ago
The University of Chicago Academic Jobs Head and Neck, Surgical Pathology Faculty #PAT032 Department of Pathology, Biological Sciences Division Position Type: Faculty Chicago, IL Aug 30, 2023 Desc...
Human Resources Manager, The University of Chicago, United States, about 16 hours ago
Department DSS Management and Auxilary Services About the Department The Department of Safety and Security’s (DSS) primary divisional units include Campus Safety, DSS Management Operations, Emerge...
Academic Vitreoretinal Specialists #Ovs019 , The University of Chicago, United States, 8 days ago
The University of Chicago Academic Jobs Academic Vitreoretinal Specialists #OVS019 Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Biological Sciences Division Position Type: Faculty Chicago, IL S...
Executive Vice President, U Chicago Medicine Physician Operations And Network Development , The University of Chicago, United States, 14 days ago
The University of Chicago Academic Jobs Executive Vice President, UChicago Medicine Physician Operations and Network Development Biological Sciences Division Position Type: Faculty Chicago, IL Sep...
Assistant Director Of College Access And Student Enrichment, The University of Chicago, United States, 3 days ago
Department Civic Engagement Office of the Vice President for Civic Engagement About the Department At the University of Chicago, civic engagement is an institution-wide commitment that encompasses...