Find a Job Discover Post a Job
Post a Job Applicant Tracking System (ATS) Staffing Employee Retention Brand Your HR
Applications Profile Resumes Saved Jobs Saved Employers Saved Searches Saved Master Lists Saved Lists Account Settings Log Out
Dashboard Profile My Jobs My Applicants Log Out
Access your account
Academic Advisor (Student Coach)-Guild Operations
Bellevue University Bellevue, NE
Web Mktg Technology Specialist
Bellevue University Bellevue, NE
Report a probelm Originally Posted : April 16, 2021 | Expires : April 27, 2021
Full-time Employee Show Shift
The company selected specific skills needed for this job
The company selected specific skills needed for this job
Bellevue, NE, United States
This position enrolls and advises students into Bellevue University’s courses leading to graduation by using effective consultative techniques and excellent customer service skill sets. The focus is placed on building strong relationships with students as their trusted advisor by identifying and understanding their needs, ensuring timely responses to questions and delivering ongoing follow up to assist students in all phases of enrollment. This position will coordinate with offices handling financial aid, transcript and application processing, student financial services, and student accounts to assure that students encounter streamlined, best in class service while pursuing and completing a Bellevue University course, program, or degree.
Enrollment and Advising Service Functions
- Uses effective enrollment management procedures to provide high-quality customer service to Guild students.
- Builds and maintains relationships with students, and university support departments including financial aid, registrar, business office, faculty, and staff to ensure a smooth process for students ensuring “best in class” service to students at all levels.
- Works to ensure that the Guild strategic business service level agreements including enrollment goals, retention expectations, and student experience metrics are met.
- Provides students with a personalized degree plan and discussion around a realistic tailored approach in finishing all requirements leading to graduation. Consults with students regarding financial resources available
- Counsels and advises students on their academic (i.e., student status, grades, etc.) responsibilities.
- Keeps apprised in their area of expertise and continuously looks for innovative opportunities to improve processes and system efficiency/effectiveness resulting in the “best in class” service to students
- Makes recommendations to leadership to improve efficiency/effectiveness of existing processes to decrease application to registration timelines.
- As a learning community moderator, facilitates knowledge sharing within a community to help members benefit and derive value from their participation
- Enters student data in an accurate and timely manner in University information systems including Salesforce and Campus Solutions..
- Receives and tracks student information for student financial records while ensuring information is accurate and complete and distributed appropriately.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Individual Contributor Competencies:
- Initiative - Takes prompt action to accomplish tasks and meet goals and objectives.
- Service Orientation – Applies effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills when responding to customers and committed to customer satisfaction.
- Quantity/Quality of Work - Pays close attention to detail. Strives to achieve accuracy and consistency in all tasks.
- Teamwork– Encourages team unity by interacting positively with co-workers through the sharing of information or expertise, working together to solve problems, and putting team success first.
- Time Management - stays focused uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion.
- Student focus - the ability to keep the student at the center of what we do, and why we do it. Exhibits passion about improving the educational experiences of our students by creating lasting partnerships.
- Inclusivity - Understands that each individual is unique; recognizes individual differences along the dimensions of: race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, education, training, position, and level of authority, seniority, full-time or part-time status
Skills & Abilities:
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of experience in enrollment or advising of students preferred.
Computer skills: Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent customer service skills with strong verbal and written communication skills needed to assist students and facilitate a resolution to problems.
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills.
- Must be adaptable and can self-initiate and manage a diverse set of activities while sometimes operating under stressful, time-sensitive deadlines.
- Requires the ability to maintain a strict level of confidentiality in the handling of student information.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, while producing timely quality work.
- Ability to work independently and also part of a team.
- Works in a normal office environment
- May have to work some flexible hours to handle student needs.
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly one million residents. Forbes has ranked Omaha as the nation’s most affordable place to live (2011), one of the top ten fastest growing cities in America (2010), and one of the best places for business and careers in America (2010). We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.
For more information, check out our home page at http://www.bellevue.edu .
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information , provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf , provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
Provided by company
What type of contract is offered for this position?
7 active jobs
Federal Work Study-International Student Office Assistant
Student Employment - Peer Tutors
Federal Work Study-Front Desk Assistant (CST)
Student Worker-Communications Center Associate
Browse all jobs
09 April ( 19 days ago )
High School Success Navigator
- About us
- Terms and Conditions
- Post your resume
- Search jobs
- Featured Companies
- Career Fairs
- Recruit Talent
- Staffing Solutions
- Employee Retention Analytics
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Brand Your HR
2021 © careerlink. All rights reserved.
Made with in Omaha
Please Create a Job Seeker Account
To take advantage of this feature, create an account.
With a job seeker account on Careerlink, you can:
- Create or upload a resume for quick use when applying for jobs
- Get found by employers by adding your profile to our talent database
- Save jobs as you search and apply later
- Save job searches and get email notifications of new postings
Assistant Director Community Standards And Wellbeing, Creighton University, United States, 1 day ago
The Assistant Director of Community Standards and Wellbeing is a 12-month position aimed at promoting a learning environment for student success. This is often accomplished through individual meet...
Law Office Coordinator, Creighton University, United States, 1 day ago
Summary: Manage office operations and activities including reception and administrative support, filing, supplies, and student and employee access to the office, computers, and databases to achiev...
Special Instructor (Legal & Research Writing), Creighton University, United States, 1 day ago
Summary: Creighton University School of Law is seeking applications for an adjunct legal writing instructor for the 2021-2022 academic year. The adjunct faculty member will teach one section of le...
Assistant Director Of Dining Services, Creighton University, United States, 1 day ago
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Housing and Auxiliary Services, the Assistant Director of Dining Services is responsible for and serves as the day to day liaison and support of the Creighton Dini...
Director Campus Ministry, Creighton University, United States, 1 day ago
Summary: This position will provide visionary, servant leadership in setting and carrying out the University’s Catholic and Jesuit character of the mission of higher education. It will direct the ...
Academic Accessibility Counselor, University of Nebraska Medical Center, United States, 1 day ago
Requisition Details EEO Statement: UNMC is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, including an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilit...