Purdue University is currently looking for an Academic Advisor within Exploratory Studies. As an Academic Advisor you will play an integral role in a dynamic team focused on student academic success. As an advisor, you will support students in evaluating and determining their interests and abilities as a link to selecting majors or programs. Guide students in developing a plan of study that meets degree requirements and fits their timetable for graduation. Maintain a consistent pattern of contact to encourage a trusting relationship through multiple channels of communication. Assess when a situation calls for professional intervention or academic referral. Conduct audits on student progress toward their degree. Complete documentation for proper maintenance of student records. Participate in orientation activities and recruiting activities designed to attract new students.
- Master's Degree
- One year of academic advising or student services experience
- One year of relevant work experience
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of required education and related work experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with faculty, staff, students and parents
- Basic skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Teaching experience
- Knowledge of Purdue's academic programs and majors
- Knowledge of programs and majors at Purdue University
- Experience utilizing systems for student records, scheduling, communication, and learning management (i.e. Banner, BrightSpace, EAB, Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook)
- Purdue will not sponsor work authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement: Defined Contribution Waiting Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Internship For Whin Initiative, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 23 hours ago
This internship position will support the Ivy Tech activities affiliated with the Wabash Heartland Innovation Network (WHIN) initiative, which involves programs in Digital Agriculture and Advanced...
Office Coordinator Montgomery County Instructional Center, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, 5 days ago
General Description of Position: POSTION REPORTS TO: Site Director, Montgomery County Instructional Center POSITION SUPERVISES: May supervise work study students. Serves as office assistant/recept...
Office Coordinator Chancellor's Office, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, 5 days ago
Provide administrative support to the Chancellor and Assistant Director of Administration. Coordinate and supervise high-profile events, receptions and meetings sponsored by the Chancellor's Offic...