Job TitleAcademic Advisor III
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The Academic Advisor III, under general supervision, recruits and advises graduate students concerning their career goals and academic requirements; provides information on and refers students to university resources that can assist in meeting their needs or solving problems; may supervise projects.
- Provides academic advice and guidance to students. Advises students with academic, probationary, and financial concerns and determines possible courses of action. Processes add/drops, Q drops, withdraws, and change of curriculums. May process course substitutions and teacher certification.
- Reviews degree plans, academic records, and test scores on file. Verifies completion of degree requirements. Ensures student compliance with departmental academic policies.
- Reviews and provides input on scholarship, fellowship, assistantship, and grader position applications. Monitors student progress and degree requirements, and fosters retention of students through mentoring, monitoring of student grades, and other support programs.
- Answers inquiries and provides information to prospective students. Meets with and refers students to available resources and departments. Assists students with adds/drops, withdrawals, and changes of curriculum. Maintains records of student contacts. Interfaces with international center to assist with student eligibility for registration, assistantships, critical practical training, and optional practical training.
- Assists with scheduling courses.
- Creates and gives presentations about the University to visiting groups. Develops and presents training materials and programs. Participates and assists in organizing in events, activities, and programs. Assists with family visits and group tours. Implements projects.
- Provides leadership for faculty advisors on academic advising-related activities. Prepares academic and advising reports.
- Develops and revises informational material, handbooks, and newsletters.
- Assists with the selection of and Manages the departmental TA's.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications. Knowledge of student information systems, degree planning, and degree audits.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to present information clearly and concisely. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality. Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Academic Advisor Ii, Texas A&M University System, United States, 9 days ago
Job Title Academic Advisor II Agency Texas A&M University Department Dean Of College Of Architecture Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Des...
Academic Advisor Ii, Texas A&M University System, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Title Academic Advisor II Agency Texas A&M University at Galveston Department Center for Academic Learning Support Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Galveston, Texas Job Type S...
Recruiter School Of Nursing, Texas A&M University, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title Recruiter - School of Nursing Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department School Of Nursing Academic Support Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Tex...
Academic Success Coach Ii (School Of Business), Texas A&M University System, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Title Academic Success Coach II (School of Business) Agency Texas A&M International University Department A.R. Sanchez, Jr. School Of Business Proposed Minimum Salary $19.06 hourly Job Locatio...
Assistant Director, Community Standards, Texas A&M University System, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Assistant Director, Community Standards Agency Texas A&M University at Galveston Department Campus Living & Learning Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Galveston, Texas Jo...
Student Development Specialist Iii, Texas A&M University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job Title Student Development Specialist III Agency Texas A&M University Department Multicultural Services Department Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job T...