Academic Advisor/Engagement Coordinator - West Lafayette - Electrical and Computer Engineering(Job Number: 1700964)
The Academic Advisor/Engagement Coordinator will provide academic advising to Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) undergraduates. Duties will include assistance with course selection, navigating Banner/myPurdue Plan, the registration system, providing information to assist student's with choosing an engineering major, career planning, aid in the administration of the scholarship program, estimating demand for ECE courses, and assist in the building of the course schedule each term and related advising duties. Communicate with students having academic difficulty. You will work with a team of faculty and other Purdue professionals to maximize student access and success.
- Master’s degree in an Engineering, Education, Counseling, or related field.
- One year of work experience with academic advising, student services, student affairs, career development, counseling, teaching, advising and/or in the field of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Excellent customer service skills and integrity in dealing with external business partners, students, faculty and staff.
- Extraordinary social skills with the ability to influence and build working relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Motivated individual with ability to efficiently multi task, handle frequent interruptions and meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems, analyze information and implement solutions.
- Capable of taking initiative, assuming responsibility and handling confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work independently and commit to a team environment.
- Learning orientation to changing technology.
- High proficiency in software: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (Electronic email/Calendaring).
- Degree in a STEM field.
- Knowledge of academic advising.
- Knowledge of programs and majors at Purdue University.
- Familiarity with MyPurdue, Banner, COGNOS.
- Knowledge of developmental learning theories.
- A background check will be required for employment.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.