Academic Advising & Career Exploration
Job Posting Title
Academic Advising Development Specialist
Academic Advising and Career Exploration Center
This is a temporary full-time, benefits eligible position.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience in a teaching and/or training position.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Impressive communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to collaborate with team and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Technical skills to create video and utilize Learning Management System for training purposes.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
Appointment Date: April 2019
Application Deadline: Priority will be given to applications received by April 8, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Benefits: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Review business processes for academic advising and registration help develop strategies for implementation.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to advising and registration team members and management.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Working closely with Workday leads, IT staff, and managerial staff.
- Assist to design, configure, and validate processes assigned through Workday leads for Academic Advising and Registration as well as cross functional tasks.
- Collaborate with Workday leads to identify training needs and populations.
- Plan and implement an effective training curriculum.
- Prepare training materials such as module summaries, videos, presentations, and written documentation (job aids).
- Schedule appropriate training sessions.
- Oversee and direct seminars, workshops, individual training sessions, and lectures.
- Evaluate training curriculum measuring objectives and participant reception of materials.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
ABOUT HAYS, KS
Candidates will discover a locale where professional satisfaction and career achievement are paired with an optimal quality of life. Fort Hays State University is located in Hays, Kansas, a vibrant, growing community of over 20,000 that takes great pride in the University's presence. Hays is a celebration of historic and contemporary contrasts, evidenced in its frontier roots highlighted throughout the city and local museums and in its redeveloped downtown area where residents enjoy one-of-a-kind restaurants, unique shopping, and a vibrant arts scene. This community’s commitment to the future inspires Hays businesses to reinvest locally.
A welcoming and family-centered community, Hays offers premier healthcare services, a growing high-tech and retail business community, and excellent Pre-K and K–12 schools in both the private and public sectors. The City of Hays has long been known as a safe community, and the FHSU campus is recognized by the National Council for Home Safety and Security in 2018 as one of the Top 100 Safest College Campuses in America. For entertainment, recreation, education, employment, or simply for a comfortable place to live, residents of all ages will find in Hays the elements that contribute to a safe, enjoyable, and fulfilling lifestyle.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.
Standardized Patient, Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences, United States, about 7 hours ago
Job Type: Staff Job Description: In a clinical setting, independently, consistently and accurately portrays specific emotions, behaviors and disease symptoms while interacting with students in the...
Program Manager For Office Of Diversity And Inclusion, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, 20 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Program Manager for Office of Diversity and Inclusion Classification Title Program Manager Position Number 01203168 Hours Per Week 40 Department ...
Pool Lecturer Business: Finance & Economics, University of Kansas, United States, 2 days ago
14166BR Business Position Overview Lecturers serve as either part-time or full-time members of the faculty in the School of Business. FTE is determined by the course load. Lecturers are a non-te...
Co Teacher 2, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 15 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Co-Teacher 2 Classification Title Teaching Assistant Position Number 01201841 Hours Per Week 40 Department Project Eagle Campus Location Kansas C...
Co Teacher 1, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 15 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Co-Teacher 1 Classification Title Teacher Position Number 01200508 Hours Per Week 40 Department Project Eagle Campus Location Kansas City Metro S...
Human Resources Recruiter, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 15 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Human Resources Recruiter Classification Title Senior Coordinator Position Number M0203772 Hours Per Week 40.0 Department Human Resources Campus ...