The 4-H Program Manager for Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County will work under the direction and supervision of the Association 4-H Youth Development Issue Leader and will provide direction, organization, coordination, and management of all aspects of the assigned 4-H Youth Development Programs, to include, but not be limited to: Animal Science including domestic animals and other livestock; Arts, crafts and technology programs; School and/or After-School programming; community programs; and other 4-H Educational Programs administered by Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County. This position will manage and coordinate collaborations with 4-H Clubs and partner organizations, to include 4-H participation at the Dutchess County Fair, as part of the 4-H Youth Development team. The position will be responsible for enhancing 4-H Programs, resources and collaborations including school-based and after school programming as well as providing guidance and oversight to 4-H volunteers. Represents the Association to the public, community leaders, government officials, and Cornell University.
**Search extended to May 6, 2019.
- Bachelor’s Degree with course work in Education, Science, Animal Science and/or Youth Development related field.
- Minimum one year of relevant work experience.
- Experience relevant to the role of the position.
- Ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Ability to meet acceptable background check standards.
- Ability to meet acceptable motor vehicle/driving record requirements.
- Ability to work flexible hours which will include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Ability to analyze issues and to initiate, plan, organize, implement & evaluate informal educational programs addressing diverse audiences in assigned areas.
- Ability to utilize computer technology to author reports and proposals, communicate internally and externally, prepare visuals, access information and learn and teach.
- Experience presenting/teaching large or small groups of youth and/or volunteers.
- Ability to relate effectively to co-workers, advisors, community and professional leaders, and clientele groups.
- Ability to utilize resources effectively.
- Ability to identify volunteers and develop volunteer leadership skills.
- Ability to identify and utilize program resources within the community.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral, written, and visual channels using traditional educational tools as well as electronic technology (e.g., video, audio, computers, etc.).
- Ability to design and implement an effective marketing plan for assigned responsibilities including element of program marketing, legislative/sponsor marketing and organizational marketing.
- Ability to carry out tasks requiring physical fitness, such as lifting heavy boxes, moving program supplies and setting up/taking down displays
- Coursework or experience in volunteer management and/or youth development.
- Experience with 4-H programming.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish.
Program Development - 5%
- Apply 4-H Youth Development subject matter knowledge to provide input in the development of educational strategies for assigned programs to included, but not limited to: Animal Science, domestic animals and livestock; Arts, crafts and technology, School and After-School Programs; and Community Programs.
- Influence the creation of program materials to address the needs of the youth participants in the above mentioned 4-H Youth Development programs.
Program Delivery - 25%
- Apply subject matter knowledge to create innovative lesson plans in the following assigned 4-H Youth Development programs: 4-H Animal Science, including but not limited to domestic animals and livestock, arts, crafts and technology; 4-H School & After School Program; 4-H Club Program; 4-H Community Programs.
- Teach innovative, developmentally appropriate 4-H programming in accordance with the established Plan of Work.
- Teach innovative, developmentally appropriate, 4-H School & After-school programs and activities with discretion in support of School & After-School programming initiatives at all school sites in accordance with the established Plan of Work.
- Teach innovative, developmentally appropriate 4-H Youth Development educational programing and activities in support of assigned 4-H youth development programs, to include: 4-H School & After School Program, 4-H Club Program, 4-H Animal Science Program, and other 4-H Education Programs as identified/needed to support the established Plan of Work.
- Deliver training to program volunteers in program management and Positive Youth Development strategies.
- Effectively utilize all forms of mass media, including social media, for the innovative delivery of 4-H educational programs.
- Work to foster acceptance of 4-H Youth Development program, methods, and policies while addressing community and individual needs and considering diverse audiences.
- Serve as a team member and cooperate with the entire Association and 4-H Youth Development Program staff to achieve Association program delivery goals.
Program Evaluation - 5%
- Implement program evaluation as designed.
- Interact with program participants to obtain evaluation data, to include: evaluating effectiveness of classes and instructors within program areas for all programs offered.
- Analyze program data, and based on that analysis, assist in making improvements in programming.
- Based on program parameters, interpret evaluation data to constituents as appropriate.
Direction - 25%
- Plan the delivery of educational programs for School and Afterschool programs and Animal Science programs, including domestic animals and livestock based on program evaluation data and changing local priorities.
- In collaboration with supervisor, establish program goals and priorities, including providing input from the community on program needs.
- In collaboration with supervisor develop marketing strategies, public affairs and special events to reach target audiences and meet program objectives.
- Provide supervisor with program related information for the budget development process, including strategies for fund development via grants, contracts, fees, contributions and other sources of revenue.
- Strategize ways to expand effective 4-H Youth Development networks.
- Provide input into the planning of all programs to consider the needs of diverse program participants. Provide input for the development of written marketing materials to highlight a program/s.
Management - 30%
- Demonstrate judgement and discretion to independently solve problems and resolve conflicts that arise in the 4-H Youth Development Program utilizing appropriate policies and procedures, as needed.
- Recruit and oversee volunteers to assist with programming.
- Develop and enhance networks of volunteers and/or professional and non-professionals to extend program implementation.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing program budget in collaboration with the 4-H Issue Leader.
- Guide the implementation of program budget including assistance to identify community and fiscal resources for program continuance and enhancement.
- Manage the implementation of communication strategies to expand program and build awareness.
- Manage conformance to the Volunteer Involvement Policy (VIP), including the recruitment, involvement and management of volunteers in the 4-H Program.
Coordination/Operation - 5%
- Compile and prepare teaching materials necessary for 4-H Youth Development programs.
- Utilize mass media efforts related to program implementation and communication strategies.
- Implement, execute and maintain communication with constituents and the community through a variety of methods such as newsletters, emails, electronic technology, internet, social media, website postings and content.
- Distribute program materials to inform communities of programs.
- Collect program data and maintain accurate records of program participants.
- Act as contact for volunteers and volunteer leaders within the county.
- Provide complex responses to inquiries from prospective volunteers, participants, partners and donors.
- Prepare reports demonstrating program progress, accomplishments and the impact on the community.
- Serve as liaison with community to expand 4-H Youth Development networks.
- Coordinate program referrals and ongoing outreach efforts in accordance with established Plan of Work.
Professional Improvement - 5%
- In cooperation with Supervisor and/or Executive Director, jointly develop and pursue a professional development plan as a means to increase competencies relative to position accountabilities and to address changes and Association priorities.
- Collaborate in activities that are in general support of Cornell Cooperative Extension and perform other duties as assigned.
Health and Safety - Applied to all duties and functions.
- Support the Association to maintain a safe working environment.
- Be familiar with and strive to follow any applicable federal, state, local regulations, Association health and safety policy/procedure/requirement and standard.
- Act proactively to prevent accidents/injuries and communicate hazards to supervisors when identified.
EEO/EPO and Policy - Applied to all duties and functions.
- Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Assist the Cornell Cooperative Extension system in reaching out to diverse audiences.
- Aware of, and adheres to, established Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Dutchess County policies, procedures and Cornell Cooperative Extension Skills for Success.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
This is a full time, exempt, benefits eligible position. Compensation paid at the rate of $43,500.00/year. Excellent benefits, based on eligibility, including:
- Vacation, Sick and Personal time
- Paid Holidays
- NYS Health Insurance Program (including Dental Insurance)
- NYS Retirement
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Tax Deferred Annuity
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Group Universal Life Insurance
- Voluntary Personal Accidental Insurance
- Voluntary Legal Plan Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance
- Voluntary Auto and Homeowner’s Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Voluntary New York’s College Savings Program
How To Apply: Applicants (including current employees of other Cornell Cooperative Extension Associations) must apply online through the APPLY button in this job posting. Current employees of Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County are considered internal applicants and must apply online through their Workday account which may be accessed here: http://workday.cornell.edu/
All applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resume and indicate three individuals who may be contacted as a reference. Please consider indicating in your application all information you feel would be helpful for selection committee members to know. Once the application is submitted you will NOT be able to change your submission or add attachments. Be sure that you have followed all directions and requirements listed in the job posting. For instructions, visit:
**Search extended. All applications must be received on-line by May 6, 2019. Position closing dates may change based on Association needs.
No relocation or VISA Sponsorship available.
The Association may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. If you require an accommodation so you may participate in the selection process you are encouraged to contact Cornell Cooperative Extension Administrative Systems at 607-255-6120, or via email at: email@example.com .
For additional questions please contact Leah Cadwallader, Regional Human Resources Manager, e-mail LC267@cornell.edu or (845) 340-3990x314.
Job Title:Association Program Manager
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Contact Name:Leah Cadwallader
Number of Openings:1
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are support of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Nutrition And Health Disparities Associate/Full Professor, Division of Nutritional Sciences, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -DNS -DNSHEALTHDISPWITHEXTENSION [#14284] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map ] Subject Are...
Visiting Assistant Professor Of Law, Law School, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -Law School -VAPLAW [#14283] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14850, United States [map ] Subject Area: Law Appl Deadline:2020/01/31* (p...
Assistant Professor: Evolution Of Behavior, Neurobiology and Behavior, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -NBB -ASST_PROF_BEHAV [#14110, WDR-00020227] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map ] Subject ...
Assistant/Associate Professor Of Environmental Microbiology (Department Of Microbiology); Ithaca, New York, Microbiology/CALS, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -Microbiology/CALS -ENVMICROASSTPROF [#14213, WDR-00020215] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States ...
Clinical Track Faculty Member In Primary Care Surgery And Community Practice Service, Department of Clinical Sciences, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -Department of Clinical Sciences -PCSCPS [#14177] Position Title: Position Type:Non tenure-track faculty Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map ] Subject...
Assistant Professor Of Science & Technology Studies: Global Sts, Science and Technology Studies, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -STS -GLOBALSTS [#14248, WDR-00020309] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map ] Subject Areas:...