CORE is looking for Associates to work the gear rental program over Spring 2019 with an opportunity to continue into the Summer semesters.
In order to be considered for this position, you MUST:
-Be available for MANDATORY training on Sunday, January 5th.
-Have a valid First Aid/CPR/AED certification OR register to obtain the certification within the first week of employment.
-Have interest in outdoor recreation and campus involvement.
-Availability to complete at least three shadowing shifts in order to fulfill training requirements.
-Availability to work regular 2.5 hour shifts during Fall & Spring (9am-7pm: Monday, Thursday, Fri & Sat, 2pm-7pm: Sunday).
-Ability to attend mandatory bi-weekly CORE Associate meetings.
-Commitment of approximately 8 hours/week.
-Work regular weekend hours.
CORE Associate Job Description
CORE is the on-campus resource for outdoor recreation. Our services include outdoor recreational trips (backpacking, kayaking, surfing, etc.), outdoor gear rental and educational workshops to encourage every Gator to broaden their experience beyond the Swamp.
CORE Associates work to facilitate the mission of the Center for Outdoor Recreation and Education at UF RecSports. This includes working in a team environment to provide excellent customer service through outdoor gear rentals, merchandise sales and ensuring a superior CORE facility for our users.
RecSports Team Members Responsibilities
- Develop professional relationships with co-workers, participants and guests
- Uphold and exceed the expectations of the Cornerstones of RecSports Service: accountability, anticipating needs, attitude, and atmosphere
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and apply knowledge as a RecSports ambassador
- Take ownership of RecSports facilities and programs by exhibiting a responsible work ethic
- Promote and maintain cleanliness and appearance within and surrounding RecSports facilities
- Enforce RecSports policies and procedures to promote participant safety and satisfaction
- Respond to all emergency situations and adhere to established protocol including pre- and post- incident procedures
Area Specific Job Responsibilities
- Provide quality customer service with trip registrations, sales, and rental gear
- Clean, maintain, prepare, and repair outdoor equipment for rental customers and trips
- Track, log, and check inventory of outdoor equipment
- Maintain cleanliness and organization throughout the CORE facility and warehouse
- Answer phone calls and file documents
- Make appropriate referrals to other departments at UF RecSports
- Innovate and develop new systems as CORE expands its scope of offering
- Coach customers on proper use of rental gear
- Assist with the loading of gear onto patrons' cars for their use
- Repair damaged gear
Note: Outdoor leadership certification(s) are not required of a CORE Associate. There is no outdoor leadership component in the CORE Associate job. However, knowledge and/or experience in outdoor recreation in preferred.
Preferred Qualifications, in addition to minimum:
- Experience with outdoor recreation and/or camping
- Previous participation on a CORE TRiP
- Upbeat, team-oriented, personable and takes initiative!
Please upload a cover letter and resume by October 31st.
Please contact the CORE Program Specialist, Sarah Stewart, at email@example.com or 352-294-1044 with any questions you may have.
Entomologist Navy And Marine Corp Public Health Center Gainesville, Fl, Henry M. Jackson Foundation, United States, 2 months ago
Join the HJF Team! HJF is seeking an Entomologist to support the Navy and Marine Corp Public Health Center (NMCPHC) located at the Center for Medical, Agriculture, and Veterinary Entomology (CMAVE...
Temporary Laboratory Technician, North Carolina State University, United States, about 1 month ago
Position Details Vacancy Type Temporary Is Internal Transfer Only No Working Title Temporary Laboratory Technician Salary Range Anticipated Hiring Range $15/hr Position Number 11ASO1537 Work Sched...