UF Outdoor Recreation is seeking sailing instructors to teach beginner and intermediate workshops to UF students, faculty and staff at Lake Wauburg.
In order to be considered for this position, you MUST:
-Be available for MANDATORY training on Sunday, January 12th.
-Have a valid First Aid/CPR/AED certification OR register to obtain the certification within the first week of employment.
-Have interest in outdoor recreation and campus involvement.
-Availability to teach workshops ranging from 1-4 hours, typically on weekends.
Outdoor Instructor Job Description
Outdoor Instructors teach Outdoor Skills Workshops to facilitate experiential learning opportunities for UF students, faculty and staff. Workshops generally range from 1-4 hours with up to 15 participants. Instructional programming takes place at both Lake Wauburg and the Center for Outdoor Recreation & Education (CORE).
- Must participate and demonstrate proficient skills in activity to be instructed.
- Responsible for consistent supervision of smaller groups of participants throughout entire activity.
- Responsible for managing risk and promoting well-being of participants, teammates and self.
- Assist with set up, take down, opening, closing, cleaning and other duties as needed for activity. Leave all spaces and equipment as found or better.
RecSports Team Members Responsibilities
- Develop professional relationships with co-workers, participants and guests
- Uphold and exceed the expectations of the Cornerstones of RecSports Service: accountability, anticipating needs, attitude, and atmosphere
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and apply knowledge as a RecSports ambassador
- Take ownership of RecSports facilities and programs by exhibiting a responsible work ethic
- Promote and maintain cleanliness and appearance within and surrounding RecSports facilities
- Enforce RecSports policies and procedures to promote participant safety and satisfaction
- Respond to all emergency situations and adhere to established protocol including pre- and post- incident procedures
Preferred Qualifications, in addition to minimum:
- Experience with outdoor recreation
- Proficiency in public speaking
- Experience teaching, instructing and/or facilitating groups
- Sailing Instructor Certifications
- Upbeat, team-oriented, personable and takes initiative!
Please upload a cover letter and resume by October 31st.
Please contact the CORE Program Specialist, Sarah Stewart, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-294-1044 with any questions you may have.
Entomologist Navy And Marine Corp Public Health Center Gainesville, Fl, Henry M. Jackson Foundation, United States, 2 months ago
Join the HJF Team! HJF is seeking an Entomologist to support the Navy and Marine Corp Public Health Center (NMCPHC) located at the Center for Medical, Agriculture, and Veterinary Entomology (CMAVE...
Temporary Laboratory Technician, North Carolina State University, United States, about 2 months ago
Position Details Vacancy Type Temporary Is Internal Transfer Only No Working Title Temporary Laboratory Technician Salary Range Anticipated Hiring Range $15/hr Position Number 11ASO1537 Work Sched...