STU AST- NON-CLERICAL & ADMIN
Outdoor Recreation Associates at Lake Wauburg work at North and South Shore to provide excellent customer service, facilitate equipment rental, and operate the climbing wall.
Position duties may include:
- Develop professional relationships with guest, participants, and co-workers
- Assist users regularly with questions and equipment
- Administer First Aid/CPR/AED in an emergency
- Prevent injuries by eliminating hazardous situations and behaviors
- Enforce rules, regulations, and policies
- Complete administrative paperwork
- Perform maintenance and cleaning
- Inspect facilities and equipment for unsafe conditions, remedy the condition, and or notify supervisors
- Participate in departmental and area training
- Maintain current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Assist supervisors and professional staff with additional duties as assigned
In order to be considered for this position, you MUST:
-Be available for MANDATORY training on Sunday, January 5th.
-Have a valid First Aid/CPR/AED certification OR register to obtain the certification within the first week of employment.
-Have interest in outdoor recreation and campus involvement.
-Availability to work regular shifts of at least 3 hours during Lake Wauburg open hours, including one week day and one weekend shift (Tuesday - Friday: 12pm - 5:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10am - 5:30pm).
-Ability to attend mandatory monthly staff meetings (3rd Tuesday of every month).
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED or the ability to attain within the first month of employment
- Previous experience with working or being outdoors, customer service, facility upkeep and maintenance, outdoor activities, waterfront swimming & boating, and climbing.
- Availability to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, and when University of Florida classes are not in session
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Upload your cover letter and resume by Oct. 31st.
Feel free to contact Jonah Juergensmeyer, Lake Wauburg Program Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
|Health Assessment Required: