45 Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies
Working hours: 20 |
Limited until: permanent
Reference no.: 958
Among the many reasons to research and teach at the University of Vienna there is one in particular, which has convinced around 7,500 academic staff members so far. They see themselves as personalities who need space for continuous striving for top international research and scientific excellence. At the same time they enjoy support and liberties that are not a given at other institutions. Does that sound like something for you? Welcome to our team!
Your personal sphere of play:
Your future position is at the Department for Slavic Studies is one of the world’s largest research and teaching centres for Slavic languages, literatures and cultures. The institute represents all East, South and West Slavic languages and literatures in teaching and research.
Your future tasks:
Active participation in research, teaching & administration, which means:
- You build up an independent research profile in the field of Slovene studies.
- You are involved in research projects and scientific studies in the area of Slovene studies.
- You publish internationally and give lectures.
- You apply for projects and raise third-party funds.
- You prepare a publication-ready habilitation.
- You hold courses independently within the scope of the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement and supervise your students.
- You participate in evaluation measures and in quality assurance.
- You take on administrative tasks in research, teaching and administration.
This is part of your personality:
- Completed doctoral/PhD studies in Slavonic studies or a related field.
- Outstanding dissertation.
- Proven research interest in Slovene studies, preferably with a historical dimension.
- Research competence and initiative proven through international publications in peer-reviewed media.
- Experience in research management and in leading project staff.
- Didactic skills and experience in university teaching.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written German and English and good knowledge of Slovenian. Knowledge of other Slavic languages is an advantage.
What we offer:
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible working hours, remote/hybrid and/or part-time work (upon agreement).
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are a part of an international academic team in a healthy and fair working environment.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training & Coaching: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Fixed-term contract and fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 4,351.90 (14 times a year) for a period of 6 years increases if we can credit professional experience.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It is that easy to apply:
- With your scientific curriculum vitae / letter of intent
- With your list of publications
- With your summary of research interests (max. 1 p.)
- Doctoral Degree
- Contact details of persons who could provide referece letters (optional)
- Via our job portal / Apply now - button
If you have any questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity . We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 09/01/2023
Researcher (Biology) (R1), University of Primorska, Slovenia, 4 days ago
28 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Primorska Research Field Biological sciences » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Slovenia Application Dead...
Scientific Researcher, University of Vienna, Austria, 3 days ago
29 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Vienna Department Department of Geography and Regional Research Research Field Geography » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Resea...
Scientific Researcher, Universität Wien, Austria, 3 days ago
29 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Universität Wien Research Field Geography » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Austria Application Deadline 18 Dec 2023 -...
Project Researcher (Predoctoral) In The Research Group Software Architecture, University of Vienna, Austria, 1 day ago
30 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Vienna Department Faculty of Computer Science Research Field Computer science » Programming Computer science » Systems design Researc...
University Assistant (Post Doc), Vienna University of Technology, Austria, 2 days ago
30 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Vienna University of Technology Research Field Chemistry » Applied chemistry Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Austria Applicat...
Junior Lecturer/Researcher For City Of Vienna Competence Team Teaching „Knowledge Knock In. Genome Editing At Uas Technikum Wien“ (M/F/D; Full Time), University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien, Austria, 3 days ago
29 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien Research Field Biological sciences » Biological engineering Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher...