56 Faculty of Mathematics
Startdate: 01.11.2023 | Working hours: 30 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc)
Limited until: 31.10.2026
Reference no.: 967
The Faculty of Mathematics at the University of Vienna is the largest Austrian institution of mathematical research and tertiary education in the mathematical sciences. It consists of active research groups in a wide range of fields, starting from logical foundations, bridging all classical core subjects, and up to concrete applications in industry. As part of the Faculty, the Institute of Mathematics represents the entire discipline of mathematics in research and teaching, without making an arbitrary separation into pure and applied fields.
We are looking for open, innovative and productive colleagues who are willing to work in an international and interdisciplinary environment. You would like that as well? Welcome to our team!
Your personal sphere of play:
As a university assistant you will complement the education didactics team around Univ.-Prof. Dr. Hans Humenberger und Assoc.-Prof. Dr. Christoph Ableitinger on the one hand and on the other hand, with your distinctive research interests in material didactic analyses and reconstructions, developments of (textbooks, teacher training courses) and empirical studies of teaching practice, you will support the team independently and with responsibility for results. The focus of our research combines subject didactics with school practice. Further information about our research area and our team can be found on our homepage at: https://mathematik.univie.ac.at/forschung/fachdidaktikschulmathematik/ .
You can recognise our team culture by our joint, respectful cooperation at eye level, fun at and in work, our self-understanding, our loyalty, our togetherness and our appreciation of each other. As a team, we regularly exchange ideas about current topics and projects.
Your future tasks:
Active participation in research, teaching & administration, which means:
- Collaboration and research in the field of mathematics education:
- Identification and processing of research questions in the field of subject didactics as part of the mathematics education team.
- Innovative research and development in mathematics eduaction.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration:
- Willingness to participate in international research with mathematics education researchers.
- Participation in the national and international mathematics didactics community.
- Collaboration in teaching and administration:
- Participation in the administration of the institute, teaching and research.
- Participation in and teaching of courses in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement.
This is part of your personality:
- Completed teacher training in mathematics for secondary schools or completed doctorate in mathematics
- Outstanding dissertation
- Emphasis in one or more of the following areas: School mathematics
- Research competence and international publications
- Experience abroad
- Scientific talks at international level
- Didactic competences and qualifications as well as experience in e-learning
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of computers in mathematics teaching
- High level of competence and commitment and mathematics and in in-service training for teachers
- Knowledge and experience in teaching at a tertiary educational institution
- Excellent language skills in German and English (min. C1), both written and spoken (all teaching of the teacher training programme takes place in German without exception)
- You are a team player with high social and communicative competence.
- You are goal-oriented and have a high motivation to strive for scientific excellence.
- You are not entitled to compensation for travel and accommodation expenses incurred in connection with the admission process.
What we offer:
- Work-life balance: The compatibility of work and private life or work and study is a particularly important concern for us. In consultation with the team and team management, you can therefore organize your working hours flexibly and in a family-friendly manner within the framework of the current flexible and family-friendly working hours and also work partially in a home office. Inspiring working atmosphere: You are part of an international team with excellent research infrastructure in a relaxed working environment.
- Good public transport connections: Your new workplace is easily accessible by public transport.
- Climate neutrality - sustainability: The University of Vienna contributes to the achievement of climate goals by means of an adopted sustainability strategy and aimes to achieve climate neutrality by 2030 through the reduction of resource consumption, resource-saving and sustainable procurements.
- Fixed-term contract and adequate salary: The basic salary corresponds to the collective agreement for employees of the universities according to § 48 VwGr. B1 lit b basic level (postdoc): EUR 4,351.90 on a full-time basis (14 times per year). The actual salary is finally determined depending on professional experience and qualification. The gross salary covers all benefits of the employee in quantitative and qualitative terms (= all-in payment).
- Internal training and coaching: We offer you ongoing opportunities to deepen your skills. Choose from an extensive range of courses free of charge.
- Benefits: The University of Vienna also offers you numerous benefits, such as a company pension fund, travel allowances, low-cost parking, discounted IT (hardware and software), special rates for language courses offered by the university language center, advancement of women, diversity management and specific career advancement, inclusion, Papamonat, Flexible childcare, vacation care for children, health care, vaccination campaigns and fitness offers (special rates for USI sports courses) as well as discounts for employees at various companies.
- Equal opportunities for all: We welcome every additional personality to the team!
Is your interest in this attractive and varied field of activity with autonomous areas of responsibility now aroused? Would you like to take on this new challenge? To actively contribute to the current and future major scientific issues of the research team around Prof. Ableitinger and, above all, to become even better at what you can already do?
Then we are looking forward to you and your meaningful application:
- with your letter of motivation,
- a scientific CV, including a list of publications, third-party funding and lecturing activities,
- a list of previous courses including teaching evaluations,
- contact details of persons for references and
- with your notification of a completed master's/diploma program
- via our job portal by clicking on "Create Profile - Login & Logout" in the header on the upper right, or
- directly in this job posting by clicking the "Apply now" - Button on the bottom right side.
If you have any questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity . We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 09/28/2023
Scientific Researcher, Universität Wien, Austria, 9 days ago
29 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Universität Wien Research Field Geography » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Austria Application Deadline 18 Dec 2023 -...
Scientific Researcher, University of Vienna, Austria, 8 days ago
29 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Vienna Department Department of Geography and Regional Research Research Field Geography » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Resea...
Project Researcher (Predoctoral) In The Research Group Software Architecture, University of Vienna, Austria, 7 days ago
30 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Vienna Department Faculty of Computer Science Research Field Computer science » Programming Computer science » Systems design Researc...
Postdoctoral Position In Computational, Theoretical, Or Data Driven Cosmology, University of Vienna, Austria, 2 days ago
The Department of Mathematics of the University of Vienna seeks a University Assistant (Postdoctoral) We seek an outstanding candidate to join the research team of Oliver Hahn to develop numerical...
Junior Lecturer/Researcher For City Of Vienna Competence Team Teaching „Knowledge Knock In. Genome Editing At Uas Technikum Wien“ (M/F/D; Full Time), University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien, Austria, 8 days ago
29 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien Research Field Biological sciences » Biological engineering Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher...
University Assistant (Post Doc), Vienna University of Technology, Austria, 8 days ago
30 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Vienna University of Technology Research Field Chemistry » Applied chemistry Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Austria Applicat...