52 Faculty of Chemistry
Startdate: 01.11.2023 | Working hours: 40 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc)
Limited until: permanent
Reference no.: 1297
Our group covers different topics in theoretical chemistry, from the use of advanced electronic structure methods to the development of dynamical approaches to study photochemical reactions, also including machine learning.
The group is part of the Cluster of Excellence “MECS- Materials for Energy Conversion and Storage” and the Sonderforschungsbereich TRR234 “CataLight- Light-driven Molecular Catalysts in Hierarchically Structured Materials”, benefiting from many experimental and theoretical collaborations.
Your personal sphere of play:
Your future position is at the Institute of Theoretical Chemistry in the Quantum Chemistry and Chemical Dynamics Group.
You will apply and develop theoretical chemistry methods beyond the state-of-the-art focusing on techniques from artificial intelligence and machine learning and will have the possibility to implement new molecular dynamics techniques for electronic ground and excited states.
Your future tasks:
Active participation in research, teaching & administration, which means:
- You build up an independent research profile in the field of computational photochemistry.
- You are involved in research projects and scientific studies in the area of Theoretical Chemistry.
- You publish internationally and give lectures.
- You apply for projects and raise third-party funds.
- You prepare and complete a publication-ready habilitation.
- You hold courses independently within the scope of the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.
- You supervise Bachelor, Master and PhD students within your field of research.
- You participate in evaluation measures and in quality assurance.
- You take on administrative tasks in research, teaching and administration.
This is part of your personality:
- Completed doctoral/PhD studies in Theoretical Chemistry (or related subject)
- Outstanding dissertation
- Hands-on experience with scientific computing and programming skills
- Excellent research competence in theoretical chemistry (proven through international publications in peer-relevant media), with focus on
- machine learning in quantum chemistry
- simulating excited states
- molecular dynamics
- Experience in research management and in leading project staff
- Excellent communication and teaching skills in English and in German
- Team player and high social skills
What we offer:
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible working hours, remote/hybrid and/or part-time work (upon agreement).
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are a part of an international academic team in a healthy and fair working environment.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training & Coaching: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Fixed-term contract and fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 4,351.90 (14 times a year) for the contract period increases if we can credit professional experience.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
Terms of employment:
Extent of Employment: 40 hours/week
The employment duration is 6 years. Initially limited to 3 years, the employment relationship can be extended to another 3 years upon mutual agreement.
It is that easy to apply:
- With a motivation letter
- With your scientific curriculum vitae
- With your list of publications
- With a summary of your research interests (max. 1 p.)
- Doctoral Degree
- Contact details of two persons who could provide reference letters
- Via our job portal/ Apply now - button
If you have any questions, please contact:
Leticia Gonzalez Herrero
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity . We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 09/26/2023
Postdoctoral Positions In Computational Quantum Many Body Physics, Machine Learning, Quantum Computing, Quantum Machine Learning , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 10 hours ago
100%, Zurich, fixed-term The Quantum AI lab at ETH (Prof. Juan Carrasquilla ) invites applications for postdoctoral positions to work at the intersection of computational quantum many-body physics...
Postdoctoral Fellowships Grants In The Foundations And Applications Of Emergence , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 14 days ago
Foundations and Applications of Emergence (FAEME ) has three open positions for three year postdoctoral fellowships. Besides an annual salary detailed below, the fellowship includes a 5k€ travel ...
University Assistant (Post Doc), Vienna University of Technology, Austria, 9 days ago
30 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Vienna University of Technology Research Field Chemistry » Applied chemistry Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Austria Applicat...
Project Researcher (Predoctoral) In The Research Group Software Architecture, University of Vienna, Austria, 8 days ago
30 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Vienna Department Faculty of Computer Science Research Field Computer science » Programming Computer science » Systems design Researc...
Postdoc Position (F/M/X), Austrian Academy of Sciences, The Human Resource Department, Austria, 5 days ago
4 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Austrian Academy of Sciences, The Human Resource Department Research Field Physics » Quantum mechanics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2)...
Postdoc In Autonomous Formulation Discovery, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
Do you want to develop an autonomous formulation discovery lab? Position (Post-doctoral) Researcher Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Biomedical Engineering Reference number V50.7090 Job des...